This sim is a beauty!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r-r-public, Mar 1, 2015.

1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in my opinion there is something to adjust in the mirror, I haven't the real distance from the car behind, it looks so far from me, instead is quite near

2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in my opinion sometimes there is something wrong, often it hits me from behind when I am not fast enought

I'd prefer first some physical features that atm lack, than eyes candies

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Is that really true or is it more about implemented needs to always "must-have" the latest, super-hyped, new "Schnickschnack" (we say in "Germoney"). Think about it : To say I don't buy it cause it isn't (technologically) "hip" enough you only restrict yourself....or let me say otherwise : I don't really need an every year's new smartphone because of the new pretty Gizmos coming with, as well as the truckload of silly "Apps" to make it appear more "important"...;)
    If S3 wants to upgrade to DX 11 fine , if not: I really don't care...

4. brightHand

brightHand Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    This is why I said dx11 graphics would "attract MORE new customers", to indicate that not everyone would be attracted to the game because of better graphics. Also, from a marketing perspective (which s3 demonstrably cares about through this past free weekend promotion), a shiny package can at times be just as important and useful as a series of promotions and discounts.

Finally, I've always evaluated a game's merit based on whether its mechanics are compelling, and whether it has substance. I always chose gameplay over graphics, which is why I find myself playing R3E more than Assetto Corsa in the first place -and I haven't even bought Project Cars, because for all the rave reviews about real-time weather, 250,000-polygon cars, and high rez textures with dx11 lighting and shading, I've heard less than favorable reviews about its physics, which as we know is the most important thing in a SIM.

So while dx11 graphics won't attract people like you, I'm willing to bet that it would grab the attention of an exponentially greater group of people who just don't know that good sims like these exist.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Most of the cool looking stuff is most likely possible with DX9. (HDR/shadel model 3.0, Skyrim is DX9 also)
    I think the R3E engine is the limiting factor here but I am not an expert.

I would really like to see better looking cockpits with higher res textures and more polygons (so round is round).
    The tracks could use some more 3d crowds (looks a bit empty now) but overall the tracks are really well done.
    Macau looks really sweet.

But besides the graphics I would prefer a better HUD, more setup stuff, able to save it etc.
    A more in depth sim is more important then the graphics.

R3E is good but has the potential to be great, and hopefully when that happens more people will see this.

• Agree Agree x 1