Question Throttle / brake default

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by FormelLMS, Dec 14, 2018.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Can someone tell me oleasp, which value is the default for brake and throttle sensitivity.
    Is this 100 or 50?

Thank you!

2. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    It's 50

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    50 and it's misnamed, it should be called linearity. Under 50% the response curve is exponential and over it's logarithmic.
    Naming this "sensitivity" is leading players to change this values without understanding the effects (especially for the steering wheel setting).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks.
    But now I really don't understand, what I'm doing there.

Ok, the problem is, that my throttle pedal seems to apply to less power except on the last cm.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    get DiView and check your pedal function

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    check your throttle dead zone in game and controller profile.

7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    You can actually see how changing the sensitivity effects the throttle curve on the same screen where you adjust the sensitivity. Just look at the top of the screen and you can see how the throttle input bar moves.

Set it to 0 and watch the behaviour then set it to 100 and watch the behaviour and you will physically see how it works by observing the extremes

I’ve set mine at 75 which means it’s applies greater throttle sooner and then the amount of throttle input rolls of as you get nearer to the end of full throttle.

Just remember that it doesn’t matter what sensitivity amount you use, full throttle is always at the same point (at the end of the throw of your peddal).

At my setting of 75 I’ve found that I have better control of in the area of 60-100% throttle as that range can be managed with the last 75% input from my throttle. (Note that I don’t know if they are the actuall percentages but that’s what what I’m aiming for)

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're right, but calling it linearity would maybe irritate most people even more. @FormelLMS If you look at those graphs, values below 50 create an exponential distribution of your inputs, meaning that an increase of your input by 1 unit results in an increase lower than 1 in the first half of the total range and vice versa for the upper half of your input devices axis. So if you set it to 0 small inputs will be very precise but when you get near the maximum of your input range the response will become less precise, because an increase of 1 on your device will result in an increase of 2 or more. If you set it to 100 it's the other way around.
    When using pedals I think it's best to leave it at 50, that gives you a totally linear distribution, so an increase of 1 on your side always results in an increase of 1 in the game. Those settings are more useful for gamepad users, because it allows us to increase the sensitivity/precision of our inputs in the lower or upper part of the input range.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I said that cause in my league a beginner was playing (or trying to...) with wheel sensitivity between 85-100 % cause he wasn't aware his problem was the wheel rotation set to 900 ° in his Logitech driver. ;) He thought the sensitivity setting was a linear sensitivity setting... ^^

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, it isn't very clear this way either admittedly. The best way to avoid confusion would be to have a visualisation of the effect. I do remember some other game that did have a graph in the options menu showing how the distribution changed. Not sure if it was some older title, or AC maybe...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes, in AC for the brake "gamma" (same as R3E "sensitivity"). I agree that showing the curve would be a good solution.

12. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all. Now I've understood, what you mean and I will play around with those settings now.