Resolved Throttle & brakes don't work in RRE.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Gas & brakes don't work in RR. It started when I was having a problems with Otterhud. I took out some folders & files in My games. See P33 reply # 652 thru P34 Reply # 677 in the Otterhud Thread. Uninstalled Steam, RRE and reinstalled them. Took out Otterhud & put it back in. Went to Win 10 Restore and back dated Win 10. Uninstalled Thrustmaster drivers and reinstall them. All in the last couple of days. Thrustmaster properties said all is working, RRE advance setting/test zone states the wheel is working, the brakes & gas are not working. Car just sits and idles. At this point I need help. I know most of you know more than I on computers and RR. Give me some ideas to try.

"Nash"

2. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The only idea that comes to mind is something was in the Cache that had to do with my peddles. But I ready do not know.

"Nash"

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Cache shouldn't have anything to do with your controller profiles.

You should check whether your pedals are still assigned to the throttle and brake actions in your key assignments. If not, click on the action and press the pedal.

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Test Zone.jpg

Con Profiles.jpg

Hey majuh. I do not know how to do that. All I know is Thrustmaster properties shows everything is working and the test zone in RR's Advance Setting show the steering is working and the peddles are not. I do not know about how to check, do or change anything else. I need detail help.

"Nash"

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I just run around the track in iRacing. Everything works over there.
    "Nash"

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You have to go into "Edit Assignments" and then "assign" Brake and Clutch by double clicking on the respective item and then pressing the corresponding pedal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Paul. Thank you majuh. The pedals work.
    The question is why doesn't RR go back to default when I uninstalled RR and reinstall RR. When I first came to RR and install RR, I did not have to assign pedals, steering etc. I notice that when I reinstall RR a lot of my settings where saved by RR. How do you get RR back to default If a person would like it to be.
    "Nash"

8. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think it is because all settings, replays, setups etc. are saved in Windows/Users/Username/Documents ... and not deleted when uninstalling Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Anybody got knowledge about if they wanted to set RR back to default what should/can they do? The same go's for Otterhud. Would it be safe to delete "My games" and let RR put it back in, if RR is the only game you have? Anybody got a point of view, knowledge or experienced on the subject?

"Nash"

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Delete or rename the folder "RaceRoom Racing Experience" in Documents\My games\SimBin
    The game will create it again with all the default settings.

11. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Maskerader