Problem Throttle Response

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So for the first time in months i decided i wanted to have a race in RR, I blame that Corvette thread :)
    FFB was ok, steering was ok, clutch and brake fine.

Throttle, very short throw gives me 100% throttle, between 15 and 25% im at full throttle.
    Mercedes Gt3 at Nurbs, default setup.

In settings menu is fine, 1 2 1 % movement upto 100% 10 is 10, 25 is 25 and so on, get on track and it maxes out at about a quarter of the travel.
    Heuskinveld pros, calibrated and work fine in Diview, Dirt Rally 2 and ACC, windows controllers shows them working as expected.

Edit-To add this is the same with a default controller profile, with my old profile and one i downloaded from elsewhere. And different car classes.
    Also renamed my userdata folder to make sure it was all renewed and fresh, still the same.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Is the behaviour no longer 1:1 for pedal throw in relation to what's shown on the input meter when you're in the cockpit? Or are you referring to how the engine revs respond to your pedal inputs when in neutral? I assume the latter. That behavior has been overhauled since december update. Now there's a greater engine response with less throttle input already, which is more realistic. Along with the different engine maps this can lead to a rather aggressive behaviour. Just compare engine map 3 vs. 4 they don't differ in power nor torque, but simply how the engine responds.

Oli

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
  4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    New to me, been away from this game for a long time!

This change maybe it, or at least responsible for it, but at 25% throttle i am bouncing off the limiter, this isnt or cant be right. This is the same in the Corvette also the AMG Gt3. The Nissan and Merc, map changes, yes, to that extent, 25% max throttle, no! The corvette, absolutely not, there is nothing realistic about that. [​IMG]
    This is at engine map 1 at map 5 or whatever the max is pedal travel is at around 15%

Also the power delivery and changes in the curve, im no expert, have absolutley no race or race driving experience, but wouldnt the throttle travel and limits remain the same regardless?
    Would you not still have 100% travel to reach 100% throttle but 75% throttle reached at reached at 50% travel then slower progression to max? So while the power delivery has increased or accelerated thru the pedal travel you still have full pedal travel and throttle response throught the range?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Im no physics expert either, nor do I have experience driving real racecars. But there's one thing to keep in mind: it's a huge difference revving an engine in neutral vs. under load. Under normal driving conditions a slight lift of the throttle pedal will results in less power output. Try that at top speed, and you'll get slower instantly. And that's the behaviour shown in those graphs from the link above and the descriptions below. Your pedal isn't just a rpm-selector, it rather determines, how much fuel is fed to the engine, and thus the engine response may seem over the top when in neutral.

Oli

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    ^^This. My real-life 1.6l VW Caddy can hit max revs easily at less than 30% throttle, but it won't do the same when actually driving. Testing throttle response at a stand-still in neutral is not really a test of anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it was late, first time trying to drive this game properly in nearly a year add a few Magners into the mix and BOOOOOM!
    That aint right, wtf is up with this throttle, didnt really try n drive just gave up and posted here.

Trying again today and all is good ;) Well, it works as described, just gotta sort my steering and FFB out now ;)

Thanks and sorry for the slightly inhebriated time wasting :0

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1