Throttle sensitivity using Heusinkveld

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nackersum, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Nackersum

Nackersum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've been in Raceroom for quite some time already and since I bought Heusinkveld Spints I'm having an issue that does not appear to happen in any other simulator. The thing is when is start to press the throttle it keeps speed until I'm at half press of the pedal, moment when the car starts reving, which is quite annoying because I have half of the travel without any effect on car throttle input.
    It feels like the throttle curve gets steep after medium travel of the pedal instead of being linear. Has somebody had the same issue? Is there anyone that knows how to solve that?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    We are working on improving this behaviour and the code behind it. Hopefully it's something which will see the light of day soon.

It's basically an issue of engine torque response, which currently is incorrectly totally linear in game. So 50% throttle pedal will give you 50% power. That is in fact not how real engines behave - further reading here if you're interested.

For now, I recommend setting your in-game throttle pedal sensitivity to 100%. You should also ignore that it's called 'throttle pedal sensitivity' as it's really a throttle linearity setting.

0% = convex throttle response,
    50% = linear,
    100% = concave.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Nackersum

Nackersum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks @Alex Hodgkinson for the info thought it was isolated issue. I'll give a read to the link

• Like Like x 1