Thrustmaster t300 Ferrari alcantara button stuck.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adbosch, Jan 1, 2021.

1. adbosch

adbosch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Hope someone can help me out with a problem. I got a second hand thrustmaster t300.
    Now is button 11 ( L3 ) constantly activated. If i open the wheel control panel in win 10, button 11 stays highlighted.
    Now i can't play a game or change my mode ( mode stays green ) on the steer at all.
    I tried to install the new drivers.
    Delete old drivers installed new again.
    Checked on a other win 10 pc
    Checked it on a ps4.
    Changed ps3 to ps4 button.

And googled all day.

Any help or suggestions is really apreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Best regards Ad

2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    First thing you need to know, it's probably not a big deal. L3 is one of the two buttons on the right side of your base. These two buttons using a small circuit board and a cable to transport their signals to the motherboard. Maybe the button simply "glued" to the circuit board because of dirt or something like that, or the small circuit board has a brick and needs to replace.
    I would try to open up the base, remove the small circuit board with the L3/R3 buttons and clean this with alcohol or window cleaner. Check the cable and connector from the small board to the motherboard. Try this and let me know what happend.
    Don't think it's a software/driver related problem.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It could be that the circuit is normally closed and the button is a breaker rather than a connector. If you can identify the circuits that go to that button try shorting them and see if the indicated button press goes off.

4. adbosch

adbosch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks ravey!

I will check it later. Keep you posted

5. andylap23

andylap23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!!
    Did you find something about?.

I have the same issue but R3 button, where i soldered a parallel switch for the hand brake.
    First thing I did was unplug the L3/R3 pcb. Same result......R3 stuck.
    I had try with a parallel switch pressing to see if it get unlocked, but doesn´t work.
    Also tried to follow the circuit with a multimeter, but i get lose in some point without detecting any shortcircuit because i have no schematic diagram of te motherboard.
    I think that issue comes from the processor, but i´m not sure.

Anyone with electronic superskills? :)