Problem Thrustmaster TH8A not working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SuperMaxKK, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SuperMaxKK

SuperMaxKK New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just downloaded the game for the first time. I have a Logitech g29(usb) + Thrustmaster TH8A shifter(usb). The game sees TH8A gears correctly ("b1, b2, etc.. from controller profiles -> primary functions, configuring: "first gears, second gear, etc.."). But when in game the shifter is completely dead :-( I have "H pattern shift" on in control settings, "shift mode" on manual in vehicle settings, and from "advanced settings" I can see that steering, throttle, brakes and clutch axes are correctly used from 0 to 100 %. It is a bug? Why doesnt my shifter work? Thank you.

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the Raceroom!!
    In the profiler in game you will get a profile both for the TH8A and G29, are you sure you have mapped the TH8A in your G29 profile?

I have a mixed profile with T300 wheel, one TH8A as a H pattern and one as a handbrake, a G27 shifter as sequential and Fanatec pedals, everything works in game.

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Game no longer allows to drive a sequential gearbox car with an H-shifter. H-Shifter users no longer need to change the H-Pattern gearbox option manually depending on the car they picked. They can now always leave the option always enabled and let the game decide when to use it or not.
    See the quote from the patchnotes above. The game adapts shiftmethod as irl.
    Does the car you are driving have an h-shifter like DTM 92, GTO, Groupe 5, FR Junior?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperMaxKK

SuperMaxKK New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe is this, I tried some cars(I have the free version of the game), and they had paddles on cockpit. Are tehre free cars with H-shifter? I'll check better later, thanks!

yes, I see this under "active controller profile - active devices:
    id0 keyboard
    id1 t500 rs gear shift
    id2 Logitech g29...

Thank you!

5. SuperMaxKK

SuperMaxKK New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

6. SuperMaxKK

SuperMaxKK New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just tried free Saleen S7, it works :D Thank you again guys!!!

• Like Like x 1