Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition attachment screw issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heat867, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    First of all hi to all, I am into sim racing for a while and decided to upgrade my wheel past week and just bought a brand new Thrustmaster TS PC 488 Challenge edition well with mail order,

But I am supposing that might be not a brand new one at least some parts of it, first I recognized there are very little shiny spots on the Alcantara leather coating on some places but they are so small so I couldn't be sure is it a showroom product or a very clean second-hand product, but later, I recognized there is a threading hole spaced out on the rim's itself at the bottom, which looks like a thread for attachment screw on the base, it is also center off and that draws my attention, so I decided to digged up a bit and couldn't see the same thread holes that I got on my wheel in any other 488 Ferrari wheel, far as I saw from youtube reviews there are no holes.
    So I am starting to suspect maybe it might be a clean used second hand or a traded one or another showroom product, if it is the case I will gonna contact the sender and want a refund or change, here are the pictures of it, the hole that I got is also center off as you can see and I did not tighten or adjust the attachment screw yet.

if you guys have any kind of threading hole or information about it on the TS PC Ferrari 488 rim please let me know, I do not want to create any false alarms for anything.

thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
  3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's the famous quick release. Nothing wrong with the hole in the pics.
    Using this instead.
    IMG_20200829_070447875.jpg

4. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was looking for a couple of reviews on youtube such as sim racing garage, and couldn't see one.

Maybe holes don't exist in early production lines.
    When I saw completely passed thru thread hole, which I didn't see before in most other Thrustmaster models brought questions to me.
    Thanks for the help and quick answer.

5. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Peter.

6. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Btw for making things clear, it is not a Tm Quick release I bought a TS PC base with Ferrari 488 wheel,
    It comes this way from the box. Didn't attach any custom parts yet.

7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    It's on all TM wheels that are part of the Thrustmaster ecosystem. And part off the TM Quick release.

8. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Peter, sorry for the delayed reply, I've had a very very busy week, I lost my father last week and couldn't find a chance to post,

As you can see in the video at 6.28

There is no hole in the brand new wheel which is the same wheel that I got.

Meanwhile, some other users also informed me about it, and they do not have that hole in their Ferrari wheels and if the brand new wheel comes with that hole from out of the box and if user didn't even use the attachment screw, they said it is a used product and you should send it away, this is the info that I just get.

As you can see in the pictures the hole that I've got also completely passed thru, you can see the light behind it, and some other users also informed me the passed thru-hole can only occur if you over tighten the screw, the interesting part is I did not use the screw at all, and inside of the hole and around it are also polished and there are none thread marks in it, which should occur after tightening it, so if the hole or the dent marks, only occurs after when you tighten the attachment screw as the folks said and the wheel rims do not leave the factory like mine, then there is also big scam running in the company, because polishing the hole or dent marks from the previous usage, also requires precise drilling work and that means they are making up for the clearing screw marks of the used product to make it look like a brand new one and sold it as a new product...
    And if it is the case it will gonna draw huge attention when it hits the local forums around here.
    Maybe other fellas have the wrong info or different products or maybe some details were overlooked here, just want to be sure.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  9. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    You can absolutly be sure about the fact, in a brand new wheel there is no hole!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information, I was thinking about the same at the beginning but when others said its a hole for the quick release
    I am a bit misguided, already contacted the seller and waiting for the reply.

11. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so lets stop talking bullshit here from others that "know" something and maybe never had a TM wheel in here hands.
    I've multiple TM wheels by myself, some of them i've purchased by myself BRANDNEW as addon wheels:

- F599XX EVO Alcantara
    - Open Wheel
    - SF 1000
    - TM Leather 28 GT Wheel
    - R383 Rally Wheel

None of them had a hole in the QR. The only holes they have are drilled by myself to hook them on a wall. Before i installed "Peter makes things" QR adapter:

Dsc_0690.jpg Dsc_0692.jpg

The screw of the TM ecosystem just leafs a mark, and i can hardly believe the screw is "sharp" anough to drill a hole in the wheel part. But if you're someone who does'nt read user manuals:
    "Do not use excessive force when tightening the small attachment screw (using a Phillips screwdriver)! Stop turning the screw as soon as you feel some resistance."
    you might think you have to force the screw all the way in, and you take your drill and drill a hole. And this might happen to your wheel before you got it.
    You can even see on the TM website, there is no hole in the QR:

250gto.jpg

So, once and for all...THERE IS NO HOLE IN A BRAND NEW, NEVER ATTACHED WHEEL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Or Thrustmaster decided to add this hole because of people who don't read manuals... (Upd: Well, I see that they didn't.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  13. Heat867

Heat867 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I already get it from your previous post, and "contacted with the seller" due to the info that you shared.
    What happened is the seller cleaned the dent from previous use AND USED a DRILL FOR İT.
    When you tighten the screw AT the hole which IS OPENED BY THE DRILL FOR ""BRAND NEW"" COVER-UP, there SHOULD be Threading marks in it but there is none,
    "BECAUSE drilled hole diameter tighter than the SCREW itself",

"SO THEY HAVE BASICALLY CLEANED THE DENT MARK, WHICH IS THE RESULT OF THE SLIGHTLY TIGHTENED ATTACHMENT SCREW FROM PREVIOUS USAGE BECAUSE SOME FOLKS USED TO THINK THEY ARE the ""SMARTEST"
    %80 PERCENT IT IS A SHOWROOM PRODUCT BECAUSE THERE ARE ALMOST NO OTHER MARKS ON IT, VERY HARD TO NOTICE DIFFERENCE FROM FRESH BOX OUT ONE.

I ALREADY READ THE MANUAL, BUT SOMETIMES PRODUCTION LINES CAN BE CHANGED, I EXAMINED THAT IN 100 TIMES BEFORE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS, SO BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION OR LEGAL ACTION IT IS BETTER TO LEARN WHAT YOU ARE AT PRECISELY.

The confusion was happened 10 days ago, due to the previous ""FALSE"" information.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRECIOUS ANSWER!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if the rim only is available .I searched but found nothing.
    does anyone know more?

15. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not. Only thing you can do is try to get a broken TS-PC, keep the wheel and sell the base.

16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Ah,ok,thanx

17. rikditta

rikditta New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I join in this discussion, I have a Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER and RR does not recognize it as a steering wheel, in the setting controller it sees it with this abbreviation RRDC1 Wired (2), I manage to have all the features of the TS-PC and also of the pedal T-LCM, but I don't have FFB, just non-existent, can someone help me? Thanks

18. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    adjusted ffb settings?
    what tm soft?
    what rim?
    advanced mode or regular?