Question Thrustmaster wheel data gathering

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ravey1981, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As above its in your docs folder

2. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature
    Interesting, do you have an idea of which rogue devices are causing the issues? And as such which do you remove? I didn't see any active usb devices obvious for me to remove. You say you need to do this before each session. I guess you mean every time you boot your pc? Thx

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I did ranked today, F4 tatuus. I'd put the flatspot wave type to sine (0) and the magnitude back to 0.25, and I still had mayor issues. The f4 tatuus seems to be the car to choose when it comes to reproducing this problem. I've disabled flatspots for now, until there's something new to test.

4. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    FFB problems: yes
    Wheelbase: TS-PC
    Rim: Ferrari 488 Challenge
    Driver version: 2.10.10.0
    Firmware version: 11.00-R7.00
    Windows version: 1909
    Comments and other relevant info: Pulls to the left after a flatspot, but feels like a flat tire.
    Only happens below about 100 km/h.

No problems if I turn off Collision effect.

Me switching between Collision on/off

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I find either an extra TM wheel or unnamed devices, I don't get them every time, probably 1 in 5 times. Rogue devices will have either a pink or white pseudo LED rather than the preferred green. I check with USBDview every time I fire up RR. The devices won't be active, just right click, uninstall any device that hasn't a green LED, works every time on my system, get the weird wheel shenanigans, check USBDview and new devices will have been produced, get rid and all is returned to normal.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature Thanks for the info!
    I found those inactive thrustmaster devices as well, I'm going to try to remove just those to see if that helps. Would be nice if we can pinpoint to a single device.

7. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Uninstalling the inactive thrustmaster devices did not do it for me. I have collision effect always disabled.

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    That's unfortunate, works every time for myself. You do right click uninstall them? It makes no difference whether collision effects are at 0 to 200. What is bugging me is the total randomness of it, put a fair few laps in this week and only had one rogue device appear in a 7 day period, what I have noticed is it makes absolutely no difference what I set kerb effects and min forces, I get exactly the same feeling no matter what I set the parameters to, even if this is zero on both. o_O

9. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes, right click uninstall. I hope you find out some additional info. I'm always using VR. Don't know if that matters.

If having a flat spot, it feels like the wheel is clipping near the center, but the graph doesn't show any clipping. Would it be possible that the wheel receives so much data it can't handle it?

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature
    Thanx for the tip with the very useful tool USBDview.
    Cleaned my old entrys!

11. Imi

Imi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FFB problems: yes
    Wheelbase: T150
    Rim: Stock
    Firmware version: 22
    Windows version: Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Comments and other relevant info:
    It has been appeared after the 2020. november big windows 10 update. And It appears when I use the kerbs or the green artificial grass, but not immediately. For example I tried with wtcr cars in Shanghai, in the last corner I use the kerbs on the exit, and the wheel starts to oscillate just after the finish line. I've also tried with older firmware and older driver, but with the same (bad) result. Nothing helped. A clean windows install will be the next...

Video:

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    FFB problems: no
    Wheelbase: t300RS
    Rim: Stock rim
    Firmware version: 29.0
    Windows version: Win10Pro 10.0.19041 build 19041
    Comments and other relevant info: Every works perfectly including flatspots, no adverse effects when taking tyre damage. Fine with custom RCS and default.

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw I was able to reproduce my issue with a fresh, vanilla T300 profile

The problem started after going slightly wide in T1, only hit record after that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can you post the RCS file from that one please, flatspots should be turned off in the default now so I need to check that one over. Thanks

15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
  16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw is it possible to downgrade the firmware? My googling skills have failed me before, but I haven't found anything useful this time either.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've seen some say it can be done by installing a previous package as linked above, but some say not. Worth a go. Worst case scenario you just have what you have now

18. Hispanolator

Hispanolator New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    FFB problems: YES
    Wheelbase: TMX PRO
    Rim: Stock
    Firmware version: 15
    Windows version: Windows 10 PRO (64) V: 2004
    Comments and other relevant info: Since September I have been the same problems with FFB. Normally, the problems start when I block brakes and make flat spots on the wheels. It's specilly hard with the WTCR. I've tried similar actions that you describe. I contacted with Thrustmaster Technical Sevice and I sent the wheel. They have said that the wheel has no problems.

Does anybody know what is the reason of the problem?. And the solution?.

19. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    FFB problems: YES
    Wheelbase: T300RS
    Rim: Thrustmaster F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara Edition
    Firmware version: 25
    Windows version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 (Win 10 Home - 64 bit)
    Comments and other relevant info: Flat spots causing FFB and wheel effects to be delayed vs input. Corrects itself in some time, but will return again. New install on new PC with a freshly created wheel profile. Will try removing the flat spots lines of code in the meantime.

20. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    From another thread- not sure if you've done this yet or not:
    You can edit your *.rcs inside the folder \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experiecnce\UserData\ControlSet

And change to
    FFB flatspot magnitude="0.0"

Use the windows notepad app to open the file to make the change and save.

I've just made the change and have not had time to test.