Thrustmaster wheel to direct drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by William Richardson, Jan 21, 2020.

1. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Like many of you I am sure, over time I have accumulated a few thrustmaster wheels.

Thrustmaster Open Wheel
    Thrustmaster Leather 28 Gt Wheel
    Thrustmaster F599XX EVO Alcantara Edition

Sometime in the near future my plan is to move to a direct drive wheel, make and model unknown at this time. One of my concerns was after doing so I would have all these thrustmaster wheels just sitting around collecting dust. So I purchased the item below, so I can mount any of the thrustmaster wheels to what ever base I like with a minimal amount of effort. An adapter/spacer may be needed, depending on the direct drive wheel purchased.

Because I am not made of money this seemed a cost effective solution, all the while still getting some use out of what I already own. Anyway I thought I would post this, for like minded people such as myself.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    In order to to add a quick release directly, you need one with enough clearance so it can be bolted from the underside into the SRC. The one below should do the trick rather well. Its about $40.00 us shipped. I couldn't find one bad review on the product, so if its good enough for real cars it should be fine for sim racing. When all is said and done $165.00 us seems pretty good, in order to get some use out of the three wheels I already own.

[​IMG]

If a person didn't change their wheel, but once in a blue moon. The spacer below can be had for much less than the quick release about $19.00 us. Serves the same purpose, its just not as convenient. Both these solutions are based on the base itself having a 70mm bolt pattern.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I can't recall who's YouTube channel had attempted to review the Sim Racing Coach Thrustmaster T series adapter, I believe it was Dan at Sim Racing Source. He ran into an issue with the EBay quick releases and his Accuforce wheel rim.

The SRC adapter is well built, and straight forward enough, that just about anyone can install it. It makes Thrustmaster rims into viable low cost solutions for direct drive wheels. It's one of the options I am considering too. Besides the Penquin RC button boxes.

4. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    If a person only has one of thrustmasters rally style wheel rims. And would prefer a f1 style rim, the site below offers f1 style rims for just about every wheel rim thrustmaster offers at a pretty reasonable price. Steel or aluminium are offered for most rims, you just replace the old rim with the new one using the existing bolts. They also make wheel rims for the logitech g27/g29, but most of those are sold out.

Acelith Design

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

Looks great, to bad they do not have Fanatec rims.