Problem Time not getting posted in Competitions or Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Eugen Sechel, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Adam Driver

Adam Driver New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You find a solution? Nothing worked here and still have the same problem. Do the devs frequent these forums? Wondering if they'd have an idea of what it could be.

2. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Same Problems here. No Data upload... :(

3. razer668

razer668 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its blocked dy Bitdefender. I deinstalled it to be sure. I also contacted the support of Bitdefender, but no answer yet. Help needed for Bitdefender security settings, please!

4. Adam Driver

Adam Driver New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've made doubly sure I whitelisted everything in the steam apps (game) folder. Still have the same problem. Please post up if there's a resolve.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is a tad annoying now.

6. Adam Driver

Adam Driver New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tell me about it... I've uninstalled Bitdefender as temp fix. Would be nice to have a solution though.

7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be the only way, have created a ticket with Bitdefender but weekend and all that, middle of next week by the time it gets read and even if read, will problems in a niche market get much priority, doubtful. Be awfully nice to be wrong, have to just wait and see but not going to mention on here whether I remove the offending software or not! :p

8. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature, have you gotten an update from Bitdefender? I just opened a ticket as well. I have an open ticket with S3S as well, since I don't know which piece of software needs to be "fixed". I do like Bitdefender's security apps. It'd be a shame to move off them.

9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    No, nothing up to now. Have contacted them again, my subs are up at the end of the month for all my devices, so gave them til this time to sort it or I'm off elsewhere. Removed BD from my gaming rig, back to Windows own security. Times uploaded no probs!

10. piloulou

piloulou New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello
    i also send a report to bitdenfender the analysis is going on
    meanwhile there is this solution

for windows 10
    - Restart in safe mode of Windows
    - Open Windows Explorer and go to C: \ Programs \ Bitdefender \ Bitdefender Security
    - In this folder, rename httpproxy.dll to httpproxy_old.dll
    - Close everything and restart normally Windows
    - Then as soon as the computer has restarted and the session is open, open Bitdefender then click on "Settings"
    - On the "Update" tab, uncheck "Update automatically", choose in the menu "Until reboot system"

for me that function

it's just a temporary solution

11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So is deleting Bd I hope! :D

12. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, good that there's a workaround. Unfortunate that it's removing a good piece of security software to do it.

BD just assigned a resource to my ticket, so will update this thread if anything changes. No word from S3S yet still. No one has been assigned my ticket. :/

13. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting that! I'll give it a go this weekend. Sounds like that was the workaround for when something similar happened to GTA V users who were also running Bitdefender.

14. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If it's not doing what's expected of it then it loses it's 'good' tag in my book, been waiting day's to hear something from Bd.
    I have times to set, sod the security, got naff all worth stealing, unless you like photo's of Staffy's, if so, then I'm a wealthy man! ;)

15. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    All fair points, down to having naff all worth stealing. :)

If it doesn't get resolved on my end, I'll be doing the same...at least on the sim rig.

16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Windows built in security performs very well but is just a bit limited.
    My gaming rig has a handful of sims on and a load of apps to use with those sims, hardly the crown jewels!
    Bd still looking after my precious Staffy pic's on another PC. ;)

17. S.H.Laurisch

S.H.Laurisch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello guys,
    bitdefender definitly block to upload your times to the leaderboard or another times on this game!
    i had have bitdefender in last time, an everytime i became this fu.... error message...
    now i switch to avira, and all times getting logged on leaderboard, everytime!!!
    also, deinstall your bitdefender or another blocking AV tool and insatll another free tool or whatever you want, and u will see - it works very fine!
    gl and cu

18. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    For those who are looking for Bitdefender to issue a fix, here's an update.

I did eventually get a response from their support team and have been working with them to characterize the issue. My last action was to do a deep log while reproducing the issue. The package has been sent to them, so now it'll go into queue for resolution.

In the meantime, @piloulou's suggestion to remove/rename httpproxy.dll does temporarily restore leaderboard uploads. Otherwise, yes, switching to another end point security solution seems to resolve the issue as well.

For what it's worth, once I got assigned a ticket, the BD support team have been very responsive and helpful and are willing to work on a fix for us. If I hear back that they've resolved the issue, I'll drop an update in this thread.

Happy racing in the meantime! :sunglasses:

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    A final update on a fix with Bitdefender.

I had a live remote session with Bitdefender support staff. We diagnosed it down to some URL's to add to the exception list for the "Online Threat Prevention" module. They'll issue a formal fix in a future update. In the meantime, I wrote up the findings from the session in a separate forum post. Hope it helps!

• Informative Informative x 2