Tire temperature in leaderboards challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_poilu, May 30, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I noticed that tire temp in leaderboards challenge is fixed at the optimal value (95° for ADAC, etc)

Is this fully expected or it is a flaw?

I would prefer having "real" non-fixed temperature as it's a matter of your car setup and driving skill being able to warm the tires at the good value.

For me leaderboards challenge is a good way to improve myself and my car setups for tracks on witch I don't already perform well. I find it more useful than training against AI...but the lack of tire temperature doesn't help for setting up the car

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's known and meant to be like that, saves having to pit every so often to put fresh tires on for endless hot-lapping. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Tire temperature and tire wear are not exactly the same thing...

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I see your point but, in my mind you can't have one without the other, would be nice to hear from one of the Devs on this though to see if it could be implemented, would be a nice touch. :)

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @le_poilu I'm pretty positive they opted for a fixed temperature and no tyre wear in HL competitions cause they obviously had to maintain a standard condition for everyone.
    If you want to take temp and tyre wear on hr table then I would exercise in HL challenge mode first to see other peep phantoms and have an idea of their trajectory and such and then I'd move to the regular Practice mode where you can set tyre conditions properly and see how's car response.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    hope soon in an update...:rolleyes: :)

7. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You can have one without the other because this is what it is on many MP server now.
    Most MP server don't have tire wear, but tire temperatures is not fixed.