Tire warm up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maddawg, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I'm just curious about the length of time to properly warm up tires. Specifically at Nordschleife. How long time wise or length of track. Does anyone know.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That depends on a variety of factors, like the car(s) you're talking about and most importantly your driving style.
    But the cars data display is the one who always knows how your car's doing. ;)
    Every display has a tyre page, so if you haven't already I'd suggest binding the key that lets you flip through display pages and then find the tyre page while on track. It also varies between cars/classes a bit, but usually a temperature of 80 - 90 °C is considered the optimal working temperature.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian, I guess I forgot about that option. I will do that asap. Thanks!!

4. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well I guess I don't know how to do that. Is there a tutorial for the Car Data Display??

5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Look in key bindings, I forget which section but should be obvious.

6. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm, yeah, I have looked for key bindings under vehicles (nope). Under Options (nope). Its hiding pretty well, lol.

7. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Otter, much appreciated. These tired old eyes just can't find stuff easily anymore. Thank!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I never knew the data was on a display, so thanks for that tip also!

But generally, depending on track, a couple minutes is all that is usually needed though some seem to vary based on the car. I'm pretty confident that after 2 good laps on a shortish track like Raceroom Bridge that they're warmed up sufficiently to start pushing harder and being more confident they'll stick in turns.

But I do use the spotter/crew chief addon mod thingy. They can tell you when you're tires/brakes are in good temp range or getting cold, etc. Such as reminding you after a pitstop to take it easy cause you're on cold tires and cooled down brakes.

• Like Like x 1