Question Todays change log

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    - Added support for dirt buildup on the vehicles during long driving sessions, off road excursions, etc.
    - Added support for normal maps on track textures

Those are part of todays change log and im wondering a) whats a normal map and b) is the dirt build up already working or has there only been done some work that makes actually implementing it fairly easy in the near future?

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    The car definitely got dirtier. But I don't remember if it was like that before or not. :D

dirt-build-up.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i later took a few trips through the grass and while i didnt notice anything from the outside but i did very clearly see the windscreen get dirtier which im fairly confident wasnt the case before

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It took me more than a lap driving on gravel and grass on Aragon to get the car this dirty. I wonder if there will be some dirt too if you only drive on track but for a very long time, like in real life endurance races.

Also, is this new too?
    upload_2022-9-1_22-29-24.png

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    In the public version it is. Thought about if it was enough for a post in the sherlock thread but decided to wait for someone else to bring it up :D (plus i think someone already mentioned theyd seen it in one of alex's dev streams a few months ago)

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it was mentioned back in the day but are these closed or open parameters? I guess that it might work with dynamic time of day progress setting but we know that is an FPS killer.

In AMS2 it is linked to their real weather feature so it takes the values from that time that day and location, I don´t recall it being possible to adjust them manually, you can only choose the type of weather like sun, clouds, rain etc.

Regarding dirt build up, I assume that would also depend on weather - if and when we get rain in RRE then there should be more build up than on a dry track for example.

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Only on a couple of tracks.