Too much smoke with the 911 Cup.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by javi_crash, Jul 14, 2019.

1. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've been testing the 911 GT3 Cup against the AI at Silverstone and the smoke generated by these cars is exaggerated.

The screen is filled with white smoke many times, it's smoke generated by the tires of cars controlled by AI and it's impossible to see anything.

While it's a magnificent effect, I think the amount of smoke generated is excessive.

The S3S developers can easily check it out by doing the same test that I did: A race against the AI at Silverstone GP, 5 laps and 10 rivals (start at the last position). With a couple of laps to the track is enough to realize.

I think the problem is increasing because this car controlled by the AI is constantly blocking brakes and losing traction at the exit of the corners. That is, the AI is quite erratic and aggressive with this car that has neither ABS nor TC.

Thanks and regards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I find this to be a problem in general racing the ai

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Known and being fixed. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Obviously if it’s a bug, then it needs to be fixed, but just a tip of the hat to the devs. The smoke effects in Raceroom are really great. Really add to the immersion. I noticed the car his when my brother in law was trying out my rig as someone with little simracing experience. A lot of smoke was generated Looked great though!