Total Warhammer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoctorFrazierCrane, May 28, 2016.

1. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    For anyone thinking of buying this I have bought it this morning and it's without question the best in the series, and I have them all.

Runs like a dream on my relatively modest system and looks and plays fantastically well.

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm a fan since a long time, but as being a simfan as well (always ran Mods with a more realistic approach with TW) the fantasy area is not my cup of tea though I didn't expect CA would risk another desaster like with Rome 2 (while Rome 2 EE runs fine meanwhile)

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    'Best in the series' doesn't say very much. :D
    I have long since given up on the TW series. It's fun for about 20 minutes, then you figure out that the AI is about as sharp as a sack of bowling-balls.
    Line of spears with archers covering it, supported by swords behind them and cav on the flanks.
    Rinse and repeat.

To me TW is to wargaming as pCars is to sim-racing.
    It looks fantastic, and has tons of wow-factor.
    But once you get into the gameplay itself, you find that there's not much behind the facade.
    Much rather spend my time on 'serious' (for lack of a better phrase) wargames from Battlefront, MatrixGames or HPS.

4. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I have a confession to make....it's a 'great game and best in the series' but I've played 3 hours since it came out....so maybe that says more than my initial comment!

• Funny Funny x 1