Released Touring Classics Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 30, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just kidding about the hyper-puristic approach some guys have ( regarding BoP)....I really don't care about (mainly because I like them for some easy funracing as my absolute favs are G5 and modern DTM) but have to admit Godzilla is damn fast :)

2. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Then there's the problem that the M3 purchased earlier is now similar to the DTM-version, ie. I've bought the same car twice. That's not right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thats not 100% correct - If you've bought the TC M3 earlier, than you've got the DTM M3 for free resp. the Price for the DTM-Pack was reduced a bit for the owned Content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    No, it was the other way around. First bought the DTM then GrA-version.

5. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Just watched a replay of our league race with the TC cars at Brands this evening and quite frankly these cars just look ridiculous going around at this speed. Like JyriK I bought the TC pack having first bought the DTM92 pack and the M3 from the old TC class. This was a totally different driving challenge which has now been lost!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the same boat. I bought the DTM92 pack along with the m3 and volvo at the same time hoping for something along the lines of the WTTC87 class from Race07. Now I have two m3s with different sets of liveries with no other distinctions. I don't have a problem with the touring cars matched to the DTM class if I'm racing DTM cars but I would like to have the touring classics act the way they should when that is the class I'm racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    How about same cars two categories, one a classic performance matched for these, the dtm cars and any other similar future releases and one class specific.

8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I partially agree with you that I liked the Touring Classics better before the overhaul, but that's because I'm an old man, and I tend to like things just they way they used to be... The TCs were very different to all the other cars. When I first tried them, with the original handling, I found them to be quite boring because they had too little power and grip. But as I spent more time with them I learned to love them, just because of that limited power and grip.

So I hope I will learn to love them with their new handling as well. The gearbox and clutch feel much better now, that's for sure. :)

I can also totally relate to what you're saying, that they now feel the same as the DTM92 cars. That's difficult to avoid, when they after all are performance matched to them. Still, I don't think this is too bad, as the DTM92 also are favourites of mine. But I have to disagree that the TC cars aren't different from each other. They still very much have their own feeling, and jumping from the Volvo to the Skyline doesn't compare at all!

And, when multiclass makes its appearance, we will have a lot of classic touring cars to choose from, all of which can compete on an equal footing, and I think the TCs will see A LOT more use this way. The DTM92s seem to be very popular, and if the TCs were "almost as fast" as the DTM92-cars, I don't think they would see much use.

All in all I think S3S made the right decision here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Btw, I stumbled upon a cool video of GrA racing at its best, on a proper racing circuit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. VirginiaF1

VirginiaF1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What a find!
    Those Merkur xr4ti's; so short-lived here in the USA.
    I must admit, the video reveals how much faster those cars looked in person than in any sim..
    Even one as good as RRE..

11. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I only have the Touring Car M3 since recently, but is the DTM version really the same or they different? :confused:

12. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    The DTM has a six speed transmission, while the touring car has five? Other than that, I think they're pretty much the same, except for the liveries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Touring BMW also has six speed transmission :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Oops. My bad. Must be the first time in history I remember something that's not correct... ;)

Was it 5 speed before the overhaul? Or am I completely out in the field here?

• Like Like x 1
  15. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Can't remember for sure either - I would think it was.
    But maybe we're thinking about Assetto? The m30 has a 5-gear transmission in the grpA spec and a 6-gear in the DTM spec there.

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    irl it had both depending on the year so it doesn't really matter, but having one 5 speed did change it up a bit.

17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the Group A m30 had 5 gears before the update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yep, 5 gears.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I see some leagues (making a Touring Classics series) have excluded the Nissan Skyline, because of being imbalanced. Does the Nissan needs a "re-BOP"? What's your opinion?

20. VirginiaF1

VirginiaF1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Our league finds the Skyline a difficult handler that beats all in the straights… thereby evening out its laptimes vs the stickier M3, et al… no Bop IOHO.

• Informative Informative x 1