English TouringProSeries: TCOne 2015 Championship

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Ryan Callan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I expect a site like Inside Sim Racing to have a HDC much like our own at RoninGT, standard from the pre-qually times alone look pretty high, apart from genuine accidents, I fully expect this to be a very good championship :D

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'msure they have, the racing was excellent the other night, I was talking generally.

3. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    The standard at TPS is very high. The blurb in the OP was no idle chatter.

Over 50 have signed up. We would never run 42 car grids though. Maximum 32. Been there, done that, got the grey hairs from the incidents!

While our forum is hosted by Inside Sim Racing, we are not affiliated, just so that's clear :).

4. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Ussualy how long it takes to validate account on istrv.com?(no email recieved) i logged in with facebook account..; I want to sign up for WTCC 2014 ...but no option to reply on their forum....
    I used "resend validation" but i recieve "there are no pendind validation for that member"

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    gee whizz top24 atm = 1.2 secs!! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Feel free to set times in the prequaly while you wait for it. Remember thigh you need to use your full name in game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    For our 2014 Carrera Cup the top split of 32 was covered by 0.474 in prequalification. I would expect maybe .5-6 to be the gap this time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    named changed r3e name: Teo Pirgaru ,isrtv.com forum real name, Team Speak 3 installed...just waiting for validation to sign up with "1 driver team" :)...and now working in Leaderboard Challenge...new track for me :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes takes a while to validate the Facebook sign-ups it seems for some reason, not my forum unfortunately, but it will get sorted eventually. I also know you've signed up because of your information here, so you are in no need to worry further. Welcome to TPS :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    What would be great are custom skins, most of the drivers picked Honda and there will be like 6 Micheliszs, 10 JAS cars and 3 Bennanis in the server.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    58 signed up currently including Teo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Does that mean the addition of a third division?

13. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    It does not. We need way more than 58. More like 70. You have to factor in those who don't prequaly, those who don't turn up etc. 58 is a healthy number for two divisions currently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    What if everyone does the pre-qually and turns up? lol
    From experience running championships at RoninGT.com, I know it's rare, but it does happen lol, do you have a contingency plan in place?

15. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Those who don't get in the 48 or whatever are set as reserves. You always need reserves as people fall by the wayside and report temporary absence.

At least that's what has happened the six years we've been doing this. Maybe this game will be different?! :p

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I hope it is :D

Good plan though. :)

17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Need more speed!! :grin:

Dropped to below p24 so today gonna give it another go and go from 10.8 to 10.low.. :p

Are al those driving Civic also using it in the series? Cause i find it weird that everybody can use the Civic if they want.. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a lot of people have jumped ship and gone to the Honda, I think it's inherently quicker than anything else around Sonoma, will be testing that theory later. I don't want to jump on the band wagon but, I also don't want to be out of place come race day.
    Maybe we should have done round 1 qualification off-line in our own cars to get the division placings?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    My teambuddy took the Civic for prequali although we drive Citroen in the series and instantly gained about .5 of a second.. :eek:
    I'd also love to see those that use Citroen/Lada/Corvette in the series use it for prequali.. since it is obvious the Civic is quicker..

20. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    It is not 'obvious'. Someone like Hardwick has done very similar laptimes in both cars, as have I. The Honda is simply easier to drive.

Everyone is allowed to use whatever car they like for this track, then no-one can have any excuse when they don't make it, because then it is based on a driver's ability, not the car they choose.

We have this discussion every time in a league, people complain they are at a disadvantage or propose changes that have already been discussed at length prior to the season. Often so they can use it as an excuse, race drivers love those! Always look at it from the other point of view, always good to ask yourself why something is being done, instead of why not. Input is always welcome but it's no help if it's one-eyed :)

Remember we have run leagues for six years, almost 40 of them, and while we don't pretend to be perfect, or above any kind of advice, there is always some sense to the rules :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015