Question Track Cuts and How they are Logged by the R3E Dedi

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by J-turn, Dec 11, 2019.

1. J-turn

J-turn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Question:
    How are track cuts logged by the R3E dedi.

Log record
    Assuming I have it correct this is what a track cut in the logs looks like (formated from JSON result log)
    upload_2019-12-11_10-50-27.png

Why asking:
    We ran a race. The track cuts logged did not match the slow downs I received or the number of warnings that I got that did NOT receive slow downs.

In brief. 3 slow downs, multiple warnings, 1 off track recorded

Another driver has multiple off tracks recorded but got no slow downs

The details

We ran a really good race over at JustRaceRoom yesterday evening. The previous event had a full grid of 28 and last nights was 18 I think.

I am still quite new to RaceRoom and last night I got my first slow down penalty. I lost focus working out the best way to server this (my fault not a complaint) that I got 2 more in the following laps.

Here are the details:
    1st slow down penalty - served by slowing down
    2nd slow down penalty - attempted to server but ran out of time - issued drive through - served drive through
    3rd slow down penalty - not served as did not realise I had it - last lap so finished having not served the penalty.

On top of these slow down penalties I went off track a few times and did NOT get a penalty.

So I am expecting to see at least 3 "off track" log records in the results file from the R3E dedi. One for each slow down awarded because of cuts. I also expected to see off track records for the times I exceeded limits but DID NOT get a slow down.

I have just 1 off track record in the logs

Looking at another driver who got no slow downs. He got several "off tracks" recorded.

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It not the answer to your question but may help. There is a launch parameter for penalty points debugging mode. When turned on it shows penalty points on screen live when you get them. -repSystemDebug

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  3. J-turn

J-turn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @yoori. I think I have it now.
    Essentially an off-track is not the same thing as a cut.

Off track is safety related. Track cut is gaining an advantage and they are not necessarily the same thing.

Going off track on a straight is unsafe but does not gain an advantage.

Cutting an apex is not necessarily unsafe but does gain an advantage

• Agree Agree x 1