Question Track Limits Red Bull Ring

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Racki, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Please take a look the Track Limits of the first corner of Red Bull Ring.
    I noticed the problem when turning on the leaderboard ghost of one of the top guys in the DTM 2016 class.
    They go outside the track for braking and can take the first corner with much higher speed therefore.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Afaik these are being reviewed atm.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    If track limits get adjusted do the leader boards get reset?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Idk what the teams is planning/going to do, but in the past when there was a major change then yes, the according leaderboards were wiped. (Happened twice at least, iirc) So I assume this would happen again if some changes were made to the cut rules.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert : I've checked some videos of Leaderboard-racing today at this track, and all the fast times were recorded with the "old" track. Some corners look completely different, for example in this video.

And No, it isnt me, but this guy is still pretty high within the LB. I did some leaderboarding myself yesterday, and imho it is impossible now to go that wide in Turn #1 and also in the last right. So imho a wipe is necessary.

And btw, why is Spielberg that bumpy? Afair the track was newly tarmaced last year. ;)

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the cut rules were touched since that competition started, but there's always a chance I missed sth...
    Think so too, with the new kerbs and such some things were changed, but as I mentioned above the cut rule are still not final afaik, so I guess the boards will only get wiped once there is a final decision.
    Well, guess they went for the lowest bidding company, as it happens so often in Germany, and the results are always the same, as I'm sure you know. :)

7. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Board is wiped, letz start from scratch. :)

BTW, this job was never done by a german company. Plain and simple they wouldnt have been able to understand a single word. ;)
    On the other hand, maybe that was the reason for the bumps. :D

• Funny Funny x 1