Traction control Car setup: what is the % value for ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_poilu, May 18, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Yesterday I had doubt about the TC setting in car setup: What really means the % ?
    Is this the % of traction control in action or it is the % of wheel slipping allowed by the TC ?

I first case if you set this @10% you should have 10% of TC and allow 90% of wheel slipping => very light TC, you should be able to spin easily.
    In the other case, @10% you'll have 90% of TC and only 10% of wheel slipping => very strong, almost no wheel spin allowed.

My thought is that's more about the 1st case, mainly because 0% seem to be "no TC". But when I set it to 10% it almost feel like no more slipping is possible. And I don't feel noticeable difference between a 10% and a 50% (or more) setting (with ADAC2014 car)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's the TCs strenght in %, so yeah, lower value = lower TC interference, higher value = higher TC strenght.
    I for one definitely see a difference between 20 % and 40 %, but I never actually tried 10 %....

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    How is the %-setting related to the fixed TC settings from 1 to 5 (I think) that you can alter in cockpit?

4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That's what I thought.
    I'll need to make some test to try to feel the difference between different TC settings

In the car setup page, you can (when the car allow it) change the % related to a TC position (1 to 6).
    It's the first thing I change on a car setup :D : 1 = 0% for me then I add 10% to each TC level

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Um, you set those presets in the car setup menu, lower left corner. Then during a race you can switch between those preset values, usually you'd move up thru the levels as the tyres wear down, at least that's how they do it irl.

Attached Files:

6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I always set a little bit of TC for the 1st lap, when tires are cold. Don't want to spin out 'cause of this while fighting in a pack :p

7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies. Forgive my ignorance, I am not really knowing what I am doing when messing up car setups and so I tend to leave them alone (and with age comes laziness anyway...). Saw it probably when I bought the game and checked all screens available, and either did not realise these specific settings were there, or forgot about it again.

When I have finished optimising a car, it usually is much slower than before. :D So you better throw me out of the garage if you happen to see me there.

• Funny Funny x 1