Traction control issue in frustration in GT3

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Gansa75, Jun 4, 2020.

1. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Exactly CrimsonEminence, now GT3 cars in RRE are almost like ACC, but for me it's not really positive as i don't like ACC where the cars often feel like they are sliding all over the place. Personally i just wish GT3 cars would behave like GT1, GT2 and GT4 : these cars can be tricky if overdriven, but they are predictable and are a great pleasure to drive.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Having done a test on all Gt3s with default setup and full TC, I would split them into these categories:

Car wants to spin under braking and downchange in slower corners.
    911 2019
    650s
    R8 LMS Ultra (also higher speed corners)

Car wants to spin out under acceleration
    AMG, Ford GT

Planted, no notable issues on turn in.
    All the others though driving style may have to be adjusted

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. Gansa75

Gansa75 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well .. tbh ive only been playing RR since september 2019 with a steering wheel before that I played most the NFS titles and Grid with a Gamepad a couple of times (also Dirt i think ).. anyway I try to stay away from setups as much as a I'd stay away from my dentist .. For me i enjoy improving my the immersion and the feel of speed by improving laptimes and find the perfect line. the technical jargon .. and all the rest that comes along especially setup wise not so much .. my frustration is that these two cars that I purchased are the only ones in my virtual garage that actually have "become" so unforgiving in the last update .. (cant speak for the mclaren as i only purchased it recently ) and yes i tested out every car in the GT3 class on Raceroom raceaway and the handling of the Porche or Mclaren felt best for my driving style .. i.e. i could get around the track with the default setup without going off track or spinning out too easily ..
    That being said .. i wish I could express the problems as eloquently as Crimson did because he nailed what i was experiencing
    "drag torque", "shift lock", from 3rd to 2nd gear. that stuff makes me kinda go like : "yeah man what he's saying o_O".
    Now for me asking a refund that would be a couple of bridges too far hence the LOL in my post.
    Because there still is a big learning curve on my part .. where it not for the fact that it felt better before with the default setup of the Porsche 911 GT3-R (2019) (this evening ill give the 2018 a go though ) and now it feels like I have to drive it like I drive my real car (a boring responsible adult )and still be 8 seconds of pace of the faster guys and even worse i cant get any consistent lap times on the table ..
    But its good to hear i am not the only one that is experiencing the problem .. but seeing as my noob status i dont feel compelled to contact the devs (wouldnt even know how )since I lack the experience and jargon as i stated before .. I just wanted to find out if it was just me that did something really dumb

4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I've always avoided driving the GT3's as I thought they were just too easy; most of the cars you could turn off TC and still put you foot flat coming out of a corner without loosing in the back end. The same was for braking; slam your foot down hard with little consequence of weight shifting and for gear changes you could just smash through the gears with no real consequence

BUT now you gotta drive them!
    And that makes them fun :D

I find it's still pretty easy to overheat the rear tyres; is that realistic?

I'm always conscious of managing how much rear slip I use to turn into a corner and exiting a corner.
    If I push to hard for a couple of laps trying to pass a car eventually the rears overheat and the grip drastically falls away.

5. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The punishment for overheating is a lot more then underheating, would be worst messing around with pressures. As for the other issues, they are know to be some small issue and there being looked at, have no idea when they be put into the live game but hopefully soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It makes sense IMO...
    It's more likely eliminating movement/pitch of the car, which also interfers with aero, stability, weight shift, tyre stress etc..

In reality, GT3 cars also receive engine position dependent suspension tweaks. So it's not just placebo, i think, this approach is actually useful.^^

7. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I noticed the change in behaviour after the tyre physics update as well.
    2019 911GT3 at Spa - My downshift locations in high speed corners were now
    causing the rear tires to lock and cause a spin. Especially Pouhon.
    My first reaction was "this sucks now".
    However, after a bit of practice downshifting a little later in the corners the car stopped spinning out.
    The result was lowering my overall laptime by half a second just by changing when I down shifted going into corners.
    I found doing the same with other cars on other tracks helped me get quicker as well.
    If the tire physics update didn't happen I never would have adjusted my driving style.
    That said I still can't get the 2019 911gt3 around Redbull as fast as I can get the older 2017 911.
    Just the Redbull track.

8. christo.joubert1

christo.joubert1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for confirming guys. As for the refund comment I made - it was made in “anger” just after I kept on spinning on the Nurburgring using the same driving style as always at the second corner (VLN) constantly - also when downshifting, so it makes sense now.

I most definitely didn’t mean to urge the devs to do it any faster, and apologise for the comment.

It would however be very helpful if this can be resolved if there is a known issue as its very frustrating. The GT3 cars are the main reason for me spending money in the game, hence my “sensitivity” about it when it goes a bit wrong.

I think RR is one of the better sims out there and really enjoy it - so would like for it to stay that way for me - thats all.

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It is being looked into.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Before last year's Bop the gt3 cars were hardest complicated to drive and each car had more marked personal character, now all them it drives of the same way going on rails but is not enouth for some people who want it to be easier

11. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am glad it is being looked at.

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Don't tell me... it's only "realistic" if it feels like you're driving on ice, right? :rolleyes: If you think all the GTR 3s drive the same way then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't match my impressions.

The GT3-R is killing me with the rear first off-track, the AMG is killing me with the front first off-track, the Audi makes pihourettes to kill me.

But overall, the GT cars in R3E are absolutely not undriveable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It will all be sorted. I've seen the future.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The default setups don´t help. Made some adjustments and the 650s issue seems mitigated. Need to test on other tracks apart from A1 Ring.

16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Try Zolder. It basically has almost all kinds of corners and technical sections, you can imagine.^^

17. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, this is the way they work in R3E. Once they start to slide, there`s no way of catching it. The controls no longer seem to respond.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    After having practised more, i think that i can adapt to the (seemingly lower) tyre grip and overall behaviour of the car, but IMO the GT3 feel less "alive" and comunicative than the other GTs (GT1, 2 and 4), also the FFB seems subpar and lacks informations IMO, the result is that sometimes it can be difficult to understand what exactly caused a slide. Can't wait to see what's coming in the next update !

19. Gansa75

Gansa75 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    halleluja .. for now .. i will stick to GT2 then :)

20. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I want to further mention, that the described behaviour is occuring with GT3, GT4, GTE and other classes, running on the newer physics. Just for completionism^^