Problem "triple" image inside of VR headset using pimax 8kx

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jens Roos, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying to get my pimax 8kx to work, it worked a while ago but performance was bad with my CPU (i7-7700K OC at 5.0 GHz) limiting the fps around 60fps.

After pimax and game updates I gave it ago again but now I get an 3-in-1 picture after 5 seconds in-car, FOV is set to normal (150 degrees) in pitool.

upload_2022-2-3_22-7-17.png

Any suggestion to fix this?

2. WesleyF1987

WesleyF1987 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue, left RR for a while, now in VR I get the same SBS view as you.
    I was told on the Discord channel to just go back to Windows 10, as Windows 11 is a waste. I can't because I don't have a win10 License.

It's really frustrating as I am trying to get back into it.

Attached Files:

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have not tried for a while if it have start working again, but I'm on Windows 10 so it's not an pure Windows 11 issue.

4. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I dont know if its a useable idea but its easy to get a free copy of Win7.
    And if you have (or could create) an empty partition on your system you could install Win7 in this.

I admit that my suggestion would be more qualified if I was running VR on my existing Win7 install.
    But Im not on VR - yet :p

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Should probably work, but not an realistic alternative to have an W7 install just for Raceroom.

What VR headset do you have, had it working a short while in the beginning but the performance was terrible so maybe the gfx engine don't like the wide FOV of the pimax.

6. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thinking about it then I guess my proposal/idea is pretty goofy.
    Because I think I have seen somewhere that both the Facebook VR platform and also Windows VR/MR platform require Win10 :rolleyes:
    Hehe so...:D

7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    GPU driver, Windows and Raceroom have been updated, now it works again. However performance is the same with just above 60fps with mostly low settings on i7-7k and 3080TI. Maybe when I get a better CPU it might work, set fps to 60 and keep these low setting isn't really an option since there are other choices running much better with higher settings.