Triple Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 11, 2015.

1. glass141

glass141 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I use the side at 45 °.

The result even with fov 5/6 is bad : /

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you're getting at but it doesn't really fix the issue. I want to race at a reasonable seating position whilst using all my kit, that is the reason I bought it. No matter what I do with Raceroom it will always be a compromise, a compromise that I don't have to make with some other sims. This is not a criticism, it's simply the reality of why I no longer load up Raceroom or buy the the latest releases for it. I fully understand that there needs to be a solid financial reason to implement triple screen support, I'm simply adding weight to that reasoning and hoping for a good outcome.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough. For me it almost completely fixes the issue and my seat position is in pretty much the exact position it would be in real life. I used to use a higher FOV 0.8-1.0 and was very bothered by the warping and stretching and large mirrors, but once I went to a lower FOV of 0.5-0.6 I realized I could scoot my seat back to a more realistic position and that most of the warping/stretching was really minimized. All sims have compromises, but now this one is small enough that it doesn't prevent me from enjoying R3E anymore and I barely even notice it now. FWIW, R3E is still in beta and the devs have said recently that they do plan to introduce proper triple screen support at some point in the future.

But, each to their own, I can understand why some people are bothered by it. I'm bothered by several things in R3E and have completely given up on it at least two or three times, but somehow it keeps drawing me back in because it manages to put a pretty big smile on my face.

• Like Like x 1
  4. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Going a little off topic, but still related to triple screens.

I run with 3 acer 27" screens, but wondered what size would I need to make it 1:1 scale ?

5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
  6. TrailSlide

TrailSlide New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How do you make 3 monitor work in R3E?

I have ATI Eyfinity setup with triple monitor, works fine in iRacing, but when I start R3E, i'm not able to choose the 3 screen resolution, and game only shows on one of the screen.

7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Change the aspect ratio first (typically starts 16:9, which excludes triple) then the wide resolutions show

8. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    After 24 years of sim-racing I finally went to a triple screen setup! Been racing on a 19" LCD monitor for the last 5 years. Caught a Black Friday deal & purchased three 23" Acer H236HL monitors. It's amazing!! I can finally use the side view mirrors! I was worried if my PC would handle it but with almost all the details maxed out I'm maintaining a steady 60fps at 5760X1080 resolution. Hoping Sector3 improves the triple screen experience & allows each screen to be rendered separately like iRacing & RFactor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club! It's a game-changing experience and definitely takes the immersion to the next level. Now if only I could afford these wide-screen curved monitors to get the full 180º experience! :eek:

lotus-600x300.jpg

http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/benq-xr3501-curved-ultra-wide-triple-gaming-monitor-review/

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marc Tschentscher

Marc Tschentscher Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You're definitly right. I've changed tp triple this summer and I don't want to miss it. It's incredible how fast you can forget that you're not sitting in car. Recently, I added my tablet as dashboard and changed the FOV. That maximizes the immersion in my opinion.

These curved monitors are awesome. Just want them, now! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    that is a cool setup! My biggest issue at the moment is having enough room. I need space to...

1. make a dedicated sim rig, vs a wheel at a desk, and...
    2. add two more 40" monitors. 3x24 fit well in my spot, but i got greedy with the 40" (worth it), if I added two more 40" in my current spot the wife would throw me out of the house! We should be moving soon, desperately need my own "geek room"

12. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    3. Find a more understanding wife. :D

Kidding, of course. ;)

13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    :D - if my rig wasn't in the dining room, that may be more appropriate - but the fact that she puts up with this in the dining room gives her a pass! .....

Edit: I should not neglect to say that the 40" just kind of "appeared" one day for her - she was not nearly as excited as I was ....o_O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Clearly you have one of the most excellent wives in sim racing, and for that I will send her a cookie and a bottle of wine! :cool:

On an unrelated topic, how did you get that FOV in ETS2? I wanted to love that game but found the driving position and FOV to be not ideal (and not easy to adjust) and kind of abandoned it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    haha thanks man. I believe we brushed over the ETS2 thing in this or another thread earlier, so at the risk of boring everyone else, check out this link... www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/multimon_config.php . Basically involves careful settings of the multi monitor config file - and then seat adjustment of course. These can also be edited in game through the console but that process is not well documented.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I kinda don't understand these curved triple set ups, surely two screens are the windscreen and one is the side window, great for flight sims but totally off kilta for driving, no wonder people have trouble setting things up with FOV, I have the w/screen almost flat (10 Degrees) then the other at about 60 Degrees, all sorta looks like I'm driving a car!

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to say thanks for all the good advice in this thread. I just went triple and used lots of good tips in this thread, so thank you all!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club! They definitely take you out of feeling like you're playing a game and into feeling like you're driving a car. If you play AC there is an app (along the right side) where you can put in all your measurements and figures to really dial in the distance and angle and bezel thickness to get things just right, spend some time getting it right and you'll be pleased with the results. Sadly R3E doesn't have this feature so we have to live with the warped/skewed/zoomed side screens, some are bothered by it more than others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.114425/

20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Well I guess I'll have to dust off Assetto Corsa and give it a shot. It's looking better than before.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1