Triple Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 11, 2015.

1. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, very sad:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...clusive-interview-part-2.114425/#post-2143016
    RD : People enjoy their sim racing in many different ways. Some of the more popular formats are triple screen setups and VR. How is development going towards supporting these in R3E?

SO: We dropped the ball on triple screen support. It’s one of those things that keeps getting pushed to the bottom in terms of priority but we want to investigate it and see what we can do at some point. VR is something we want to support better as the VR headsets become more available for End users.

Here a screenshot from my triple screen setup 5780x1080 in a Zakspeed:

[​IMG]

I hope that S3 will at least update the graphics, but I hope the the old cars get also a physic update. In the interview at RD the said nothing about updating old content. The only priority is still adding new stuff. They have already good stuff: DTM 1992, Group C the classic cars. They are great but now outdated in comparison with the last recent S3 content.

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I believe one of the beta-testers said the new physics should be applied to all cars fairly soon (forget where I read it but it was in the last day or two).

• Like Like x 1
  3. glass141

glass141 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    bad news for the triple-monitor support :/

4. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes. At least they say triple monitor support is at the very bottom of their priority list.

5. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I think its ok to put the triple screen at the bottom of their list and focus on VR, but for VR you need to have a
    full cockpit:

[​IMG]

DTM 1992 Mercedes in 5780x1080.

Is that a bug or a feature ? May be in the good old days of racing the had only one side of the car ;)

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    a quick google and here is a high quality model of the merc
    [​IMG]
    here is the road car
    [​IMG]
    from these i deduce the the cockpit is pretty damn accurate

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes, perfect thanks. As aspected: The car has a right side. I can see this on the first photo.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, what exacly are you missing? and what FOV-Settings do you use?

9. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Haha, sorry. Right and left, every time the same problem. The LEFT side looks very empty, but I tested the last hour at couple of different classes. It seems to be normal. Even the DTM 2015 cars have only a mirror on the left screen.

A picture is from triple screen setup. On the left hand monitor you see in RRE cars only a mirror.
    [​IMG]

My FOV Is 0.8 or 1.0. Not sure.

My assumption was, that newer cars have more details, but this is wrong. It depends only on the car model.
    My fault :oops::(

10. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what else should be there? All that you could theoretically see is the top of the A pillar but it runs off the top of your screen so it's not visible. In a sim with proper triple screen support you might be able to see more of the A pillar/window frame, but it doesn't look like that's in R3E's immediate future so it is what it is. I find using a lower FOV of 0.5 or 0.6 does a good job of masking a lot of the weirdness that comes from no triple screen support (but not all of it).

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    A know I get it ^^ but yeah... as I saw your screens I really wonder a bit about the A-Pillar, but it seems to run out of view as Brandon already stated.

But especially your FOV feels quite high. Give the FOV 0.6 a try. If you have the feeling that you are now sitting to close to the windscreen you can push your (ingame-)seat back.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's what I do. I used to go the other way, higher FOV and seat scooted forward but that just amplified the weirdness/warping/zooming. Now I go with 0.5 or 0.6 with the seat about 3/4 way back and find this produces a much more natural view, like I would see in my real car, and minimizes some of the warping/zooming.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Wondering if anyone else noticed..as with pretty much every car the right monitor part of dash is stretched...but strangely in the bmw group 5 car it looks right..not stretched...???? Why is that? why just this one car?
    eg: BMW 2015-12-10 2101 0001.jpg

porshe 2015-12-10 2104 0002.jpg

This is the same fov in each car...all the others same as porshe

14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Just looks like different seat position and geometry to me. Moving BMW seat forward should give similar effect, although maybe less strong as the windshield is more upright.

15. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for letting us know it is basically never going to happen so I feel justified about my decision to never spend another dime on this game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michi

Michi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think that´s the wrong way . Will VR be released including a Robot to push the Buttons ?
    VR is dead before it´s alive

• Like Like x 1
  17. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Please read the full interview:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-1.114420/
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.114425/

I personally think triple screen is currently very important and will be important also in the future when VR is available for all people. I am not sure if VR also works when you do complete race with 2 or more hours.
    I will buy VR, for sure, but I am not sure if I will use it every time. I will definitely not sell my triple screen stuff after buying a VR device.

RRE is nevertheless a very good sim !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Michi

Michi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  19. Macdeg

Macdeg New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Triple srcreen is a key element on a good race sim.
    I just dicover the game and spent a lot of money on it... It's a lot of fun and really pleasant to drive.

Please do not drop triple screen support!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. rollly

rollly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very disappointed to hear that triple screen support is a low priority! I love lots about this sim, and would be much more willing to put a decent amount of $ into it if this issue was resolved. Ill keep waiting patiently and hopefully this year it will be resolved!

• Agree Agree x 1