Triple Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    There is another issue though.....

I don't know how your setups are, but I run crossfire with 2 "lesser" graphics cards to make up for the single "expensive" graphics card.

I sorta want Crossfire/SLI support first. Then I can turn up the quality and then we can badger them for full triple screen support. :p

2. Rotti

Rotti New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Howdy folks!
    I`m new in here and even newer to this sim at all- just thinking about buying it and evaluating it`s possibilities..... that`s why I want to throw my five cents in here:
    Since I do own almost all of the old Simbin stuff I was really happy to discover that there actually is a successor to Race 07, GTR Evolution and so on. But now I´ve just learned that there is no triple screen support implemented and even worse, will not be in the nearer future!?

Sorry, but are you guys crazy? If that feature is not there, IMHO it`s just a nice game but no simulation at all! I`ll never buy something that won`t support triple screens which is THE top-priority feature in my case. But I didn`t join here only to complain but wanna make suggestions as well, so the following lines are for the coders at sector 3 directly:

Time has marched on and nowadays a triple screen setup is almost standard among serious simracers. Monitors have (compared to the old days) become dirt-cheap and graphic cards double their power every year or so.

Now- to set your game really apart from the rest you should try to obtain the rights on a software-project named "softTH", re-work it and include it to your game- or at least make your game work with it. That way you`d gain the best triple screen flexibility that has ever been developed!

I still dream about the following setup:
    -left screen: 24" 1920x1080
    -middle screen: 34" 2560x1080
    -right screen: 24" 1920x1080

With softTH this would be possible because it allows for multiple resolution on every screen as well as full adjustments in picture positions and perfect bezel compensation. I did use it with rfactor as well as GTR Evolution and never had any problems at all. So why don`t you get yourself that code and work it over to make it work with this sim? Right now softTH is an almost dead project anyway..... and it`s for free as well!

I`m not satisfied with the multi monitor solutions from neither AMD nor nvidia because they still lack the possibilty to use different resolutions. In the example above it might be worth a try to have both side monitors runnig at only 1368x720 to save rendering power and get better fps over all- with softTH this was possible too.

So I´d say compared to many other planned feature a multi monitor support handled this way should be rather a piece of cake for you guys- so why don`t you do it?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah true triple screen support should be standard for simulators... I run triple 27's, but because my center monitor is also 144hz 3d I can play around in 3d. Unfortunately I've found that I prefer 3d now and can't go back to triples/2d.
    3d adds so much more realism in the way of depth IMO.