Triple Screen Support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, May 10, 2017.

1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I know people that play with triple screen support probably are a minority, but, would really like to know if this is planned or not.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    It's dangerous to a developer's mental health to promise anything when circumstances can change rapidly. That said, once we feel VR support is stable and good and we've ironed out the wrinkles one of the things we want to look at is triple screen support.

I wish I could write "Soon™" but at this stage I can only give you a Potentially™. :neutral:

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  3. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you , fair enough :)

4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to bother you again, but this answer does not help me much. I understand you may want to look at triple screen support after VR support is stable.
    Meaning that you ( the team obviously) have not even looked at it despite the promises made a long time ago ?
    Potentially.....not even a certainty ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Well. We are going to look into it. That's for sure. But I can't promise anything other than that. If we do commit to it I think it's best if we're open about it. Since apparently it was promised. Before I got here. (This is why it's bad to promise stuff unless you're 100% sure as a developer. :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. Does not sound very good to me though...:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Well, to be fair I also didn't promise we won't do it. :p I've done some initial research and spoken to a programmer. It seems to be a pretty straight forward process. There's still a good chunk of VR stuff left to do though so I don't know when we'll make any decisions regarding triple screen for now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks for helping.
    Desperately need it though. Not having triple screen support is really a downer (if you have triples) ;)
    Takes a lot of potential out of the sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    if i am not wrong, vr is a 2 separate monitors render. so just add the third, and the work is done. :D

10. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The missing triple screen support is the reason why i have stopped playing R3E. This feature should have been implemented years ago. There are many simracers who are using triple monitors. A serious Racingsim should have multi monitor support. Playing AC and rF2 is much better for me only because of this feature. I won't buy any content for R3E as long as it keeps missing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is there a copy & paste -text somewhere in the internet? So something like:

"The missing [POST REQUEST HERE] is the reason why i have stopped playing R3E. This feature should have been implemented years ago. [ADD ARGUMENT HERE] Playing AC and rF2 is much better for me only because of this feature. I won't buy any content for R3E as long as it keeps missing."

Or did I just had a déjà vu?!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    it actually is the reason i dont play it more often :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Would it change anything if so?

According to your signature you don't even have triple screens. So why do you bother with what i wrote? Your obvious fanboy attitude doesn't help here.

It hurts that R3E isn't fun anymore since i know how important triple screen support is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What do we do for VR support if we have a 3rd eye? ;)

15. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't bother me what you wrote, but how you wrote. And it's nothing especially against your post or the idea of having triple screen support - in fact I would like to see it.

Its just that I often read those kind of posts with pretty similar wording on various topics, like missing cars, unbalanced release of cars and tracks, missing features, business model and so on, and for me it doesn't sound like argumenting but more like extortion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    English is not my native language, so maybe I'm missing a point here, but extortion is not a word that should be used in this matter imo. It feels like the only way to attract attention, though it probably does not.
    We are just repeatingly asking for implementing something that had been promised over and over since a very long time, and it just seems to get no attention of the devs.

At best we get this from [S3]Kitsune who actually bothered to answer:
    "Well, to be fair I also didn't promise we won't do it. :p I've done some initial research and spoken to a programmer. It seems to be a pretty straight forward process. There's still a good chunk of VR stuff left to do though so I don't know when we'll make any decisions regarding triple screen for now"
    If you read this carefully you'll have to agree that it is not even certain triple screen support will ever happen ! They still have to make decisions about it :rolleyes:

When I started with RaceRoom, I enjoyed it, bought some tracks and cars, confident that the asked support would come "soon". But it did not.
    And while waiting for it I kept buying content, still confident.
    Then I promised myself not to buy more stuff until we got the support in question.
    Despite that I ended up owning all content but still not enjoying triple screen support and not even knowing if it will ever happen.

There are several topics covering this question, not only on this forum... AMS, AC, RF2, iRacing...they all have proper support. pCars1 did not, but it will be present in pCars2, which leaves R3E limping behind...

And while I am at it: I opened a topic asking if it was possible to implement some kind of live delta timing. Quite some people liked or agreed, but either none of the devs have read it ((yet) or they just don't bother, not even a simple yes or no, or "soon"...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Does eyfinity work?

18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, extortion might sound harsh, but what in fact is an argument like: "If you do not what I want, I'm gone"? More and more here and on other social-media-plattforms I see those kind of argumenting repetetive. But hey - populism is quite trendy at the moment ;)

Another fact on this topic: Proper triple-screen-support was never promised from Sector3 and Raceroom. It was only mentioned as a thing they will look at when time and publisher allows it. And it was never so close to go in development as now... sure it's a feature that IMO is standard these days and when Raceroom was released, but Raceroom uses an own graphics-engine which doesn't support that.
    In addition - in the UE4-Engine, full triple-screen-support is included. So at the latest when Raceroom switches to UE4, triple-screen-support will be available - but that is still a long way to go.

And to the Delta-Timing. The Dev's can't tell anything about a new feature, as long the publisher gave its green light for it. In one of the Dev-Streams J-F told that they take note of suggestions and take them into discussion with the publisher. If the publisher says that would be good to have, it all depends on priorities...
    Back in the days for example I suggest the possibility to buy a car and select a livery I want instead of buying a car with a "default"-livery. None of the devs replied to that but it is there now...

• Like Like x 2
  19. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    What is difference by triple screen vs eyefinity?

20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Eyefinity is AMDs technology used to spread content across as many screens as you can hook up from 1 to X, where x is some limit im not sure of like 16, or maybe infinite. So if you are using an AMD card and triple screen gaming, you are using eyefinity, or Surround for Nvidia cards.

R3E already supports this, but does not support multi-rendered triple screens, which is what everyone wants. It renders each screen separately for each screen, instead of one render streched over 3 screens like we have now. The result is less stretching on the side screens, and more accurate FOV..just more flexibilty in general for creating real life type views. ETS2 for example has this.

• Agree Agree x 1