TV Camera Sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voltaic, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me start by saying R3E has the best sound in the business, period!

The on-board sound are incredible, detailed and immersive. However, anyone that has been track-side as a spectator can tell you, the ground seems to shake as cars roar by. They can be down right scary at times.

For this reason I ask the TV camera sound please be increased. I run a 5.1 system, I don't think this should be an issue on my end.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the nice words ;)

About the TV cameras volume, we can't increase their volume much more because it's balanced with all the others cameras (internal + external) and the distance from the listener.

Basically, if the car you watch in a replay would come near you, its volume would match any other external cam (like chasecam i.e), which is coherent to avoid some sudden volume increases. This is a way to protect the player's sound systems.

The free cam feature also requires the volumes to be totally consistent between each game modes and the replays.

I understand that you might need to play with your sound system volume when watching a replay, but this is the best we can do at the moment. Crank it up if your neighbours like it :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015