twitch help

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mally B, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mally B

Mally B Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    any advice on how to get twitch working so i can force this game on my console friends!

2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    easiest way, get a curren nvidia gfx card, use the shadowplay feature which can automatically stream to twitch if connected/setup through Geforce Experience. As far i know the best, easiest, and least system hogging way to get on twitch

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    In the future I want to stream some of my races too. I've got a Nvidia card, but I would like to stream with OBS. Is OBS taking away much ressources or more than Shadowplay? Is streaming generally a big fps hitter? I also thought about adding a secondary window to the stream, showing a webcam with my wheel/pedal work. Would that add a remarkable hit on ressources on top?

• Like Like x 1
  4. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I have an ElgatoHD, It has HDMI In and out (thru-put if you like) but I connect it's usb output to a separate computer. So no impact on the gaming machine. The Elgato software connects to Twitch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    For streaming you must have a reasonably good PC.
    I stream with OBS and with the right Settings it is working perfectly.
    The fps will drop a bit, of course when you put on your stream, but with a good PC you will almost not notice it.
    The same thing with Webcam:
    If you add a webcam the fps will drop, but only if you haven't a good PC. If you have a good one it nearly doesn't matter if you have Webcam on or of.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Moritz I have ever tried to stream on Twitch. I have pulled the instructions for the settings on You Tube. Now my question to you what is most important to liquid to stream on your PC?
    I have an AMD dual core 6000 and a 16000-line and a graphics card GTX 660
    So for me makes the stream no sense, I'm just saying DIA SHOW :(
    Is it because of the settings that I have done something wrong or hardware?
    Could you perhaps help me once so I can get the best settings or tell you no, that does not make sense with your PC.
    Gruss Dirk

7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Dual core processors are kind of slow these days, not sure how much processor power you need for Streaming though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok Thx Hannes:)

9. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies, I think I've got a medium spec PC (see signature), but I also have a Roxio Game Capture HD (recorded videos from my Xbox with it). So a good solution would be to capture the signal with it and than stream it with OBS or is there no difference to grabbing the signal directly with OBS? Sure the best solution would be to connect Roxio Game Capture HD to a separate PC...

10. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    My 0.2c:

I sometimes stream too - got an i5 3570 and GTX 660, so a good middle-of-line PC but not a beast of a machine by any means. But I still managed to stream at 720p 30fps (I run the game at 1080p/60fps) without a problem - worst case scenario, tweak and lower a few graphical settings to keep constant FPS (anti-aliasing for example)

I'm using Shadowplay for convenience, since it's a "one button and you're done" easy way and I don't plan to stream that much, so can't help you with OBS (but I did stream with it with success a few times, although it indeed takes a few try-errors to get to the optimal settings)

Most important thing is how much bandwidth you're sending to twitch. Since you're (I guess!) not a partner, your viewers don't have a quality option, so you can't feed too much, or they won't be able to see the stream if they don't have a good net connection.
    I'm sending 2Mbs, that's what is usually considered good enough so the stream looks nice (again, at 720p) and still watchable for most.

• Like Like x 1