Two suggestions for the adaptive AI index

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CheerfullyInsane, Jan 16, 2017.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    1) The AI already disregards the first lap if you're using standing starts.
    Could we get that implemented for the rolling starts as well?
    Rolling starts are noticeably slower than true flying laps, and they're dragging the average down unless you run 10+ laps. Not a huge issue, but those who run standard races won't notice the difference while those of us who 'train' the AI first will have an easier time.

2) Instead of using the latest 10 laps as the basis for the AI level, would it be possible for it to disregard the fastest and slowest, and take the average of the remaining 8?
    It'll result in a truer picture of the actual skill-level, and more importantly it'll get rid of any spins you may have had.

And no, I have no idea how to program either of the above.
    That's somebody else's problem. :D

2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Do only races count or training/qualifying too?

3. FAE_Coyote

FAE_Coyote New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Only race laps.
    Race with standing start, first lap don't count
    Race with rolling start, first lap count

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    As my first post I wanted to thank CheerfullyInsane for his work, words and passion on training the already impressive AI. (So thanks to Sector 3 as well!)
    I have been having a blast actually racing, rather than 'hotlapping' behind real people (IRacing), or dodging the soulless mobile chicanes of AC. Adaptive AI lets me battle at my level of skill, encouraging me to go faster.
    I would have ignored the adaptive option as rubber-banding, but CheerfullyInsane's posts persuaded me there was gold in them thar hills, and all it would cost me was a little effort to uncover it.....
    As a bonus, now every race is meaningful, rather than just "that was fun." and move on without any consequences.

• Like Like x 4