ukraine invasion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by michael Lapworth, Mar 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael Lapworth

michael Lapworth Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Is Sector 3 doing anything for the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine? I'm sure lot's of you would buy Vrps or track/car packs if the proceeds went to this cause

2. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't it be easier if those people simply donated to the Red Cross or something without the extra hoops? Or here's an alternative idea: if someone really wants to make a difference - take a few days off work, go to Poland, any major city and volunteer at any center that is providing help for the refugees - they are all in dire need of people to handle things like distributing clothes and food or just loading boxes onto trucks that get sent to the border.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This is not an official statement from the developers or publishers. It only reflects my point of view as a moderator.

I'm sure everyone frequenting these forums sympathises with those afflicted by this attack, but I don't think this is the right place for political discussions.

If anybody would like to make a contribution to aid the people who need help right now, there are numerous trustworthy organisations you can support.
    For example
    https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/europe-central-asia/ukraine
    or
    https://www.charitywatch.org/charity-donating-articles/top-rated-charities-providing-aid-in-ukraine

I will move this thread to the off-topic section as it is not directly related to Raceroom and close it, as I believe there are more appropriate places to discuss this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.