Problem Unable to play Raceroom with Fanatec setup

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yucko the Clown, May 6, 2020.

1. Yucko the Clown

Yucko the Clown New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I'm new on this forum because i want try RaceRoom.

PC Specs:
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920x
    32GB Memory
    64-bit Operating System
    Geforce 1080 TI

Wheel+Pedal spec:
    Fanatec ClubSpor Wheel Base V2.5
    Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 (PC Driver: 328 WB FW: 628)
    Fanatec Inverted V3 Pedals

I am unable to play the game with this fanatec gear.

Other games via steam are working as designed with this setup. But with Raceroom I have issues.
    I've reinstalled the game 4 times now, deleted al the gamedata, updated the software of the wheel/pedals tried other USB port but with no luck.

In the beginning with starting RaceRoom I had issues to get the devices detected (This is solved with a profile which i downloaded). The Wheels + Pedals got recognized now (not red) and I was able to adjust all settings.

But when I want to start a game (doesn't matter if I go practise or in single player mode) the steeringwheel + pedals gets disconnected as soon as I want to play, I only hear the device connecting/reconnecting every 2 seconds and in the screen i see " Device Connected" every 2 seconds. Sometimes i am able to drive a random car for 3 seconds (i can feel ffb also) but as soon as the Device Connected message appears it's over.

If I exit the game and start Project Cars 2 for example, I have no issues at all, and I can race with no issues. If I start Raceroom again, the issue start again as soon as I want to start a race/practise.

Everything is installed on a Sim Rig via USB, and the Pedals are connected to Wheelbase via RJ connector (not able to connect direct to pc while distance SIM RIG). I only have this issue with Raceroom, other racegames work fine with this Fanatec setup.

So im 99,9% sure this is not an issue of the fanatec gear or pc itself otherwise I would'nt be able to play other race games via steam.

Does someone experience the same issues with Fanatec gear?
    And how can I resolve this?

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Hi Yucko,
    sometimes it helps to reinstall driver and firmware for your wheelbase.
    Maybe you should completely remove the fanatec driver from your system before.
    Also you could try a different usb port.

3. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks fischaltefolie I reinstalled the drivers also (complete delete). But the issue is still not resolved. I Also tried diffrent USB as mentioned but that doens't solve the issue aswell.

I personally don't think this is a driver issue either, otherwise I could not play the other racing games. This is just some kind of bug/error in Raceroom.

4. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Well, your hardware is not uncommon in raceroom. I'm driving with a csw v2, v3 pedals also connected via wheelbase and either 918 RSR or f1 carbon rim having no problems. Lots of v2.5 users around here. This problems should have been mentioned before, if they are caused by a bug.
    Have you got any other usb devices plugged to your pc? You could try to unplug them and try again. Or try your wheelbase without pedals. See what happens.;)

5. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's a very strange issue, also because I can play al the other games with no issues.

Currently beside my Razer Keyboard and Mouse, I have use a wireless small keyboard to operate when i'm in the SIM rig. I unplugged and deleted the driver of the wireless keyboard, no change.

I unplugged the RJ connector of the Pedals, and tried to start a race. I heard only 2 times the device disconnecting/connecting and I was able to sit in a car and able to turn the steering wheel (which worked), i plugged the RJ connector of the pedals and I was able to drive arround 200 meters and then the shit started again connected/disconnected and the complete game froze. I also constantly hear the windows device found/unplugged sound if this happens.

Very annoying and frustrating that this only happens when i want to start a race, sometimes immediately and sometimes after driving 200/300 meters on the track.

Could this be something with the Fanatec Clubsport V2_5 Wheel.rcs which i've downloaded before?
    I don't see a Fanatec file for the pedals in the GameData > ControlSet folder, could this maybe be an issue?

6. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Running out of ideas at the moment.
    We have a forum member @DomB directly from Fanatec. There also is a thread related to Fanatec. Maybe you could tag him and ask for support.

7. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Try with disconnected Mouse and Razorbacks KB and only the Wireless KB. Something seems to be on the edge on the USB side maybe.

8. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi John,
    Thanks, i unplugged al other USB devices except the wireless keyboard. Unfortunatelly the same issue. I can drive the car for 200/300 meters and then the same issues again, device connected/disconnected. Game freezes and FFB of the pedals are on tilt.

Hopefully @DomB doe have another suggestion, otherwise i'm done with this game. Then i will stick to PC2, ASC.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    ok run the game get the disconnect , close the game if neeeded
    go to
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log
    post your game ; and mw transport from that session

thanks

Andi

10. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi for your response.
    In the attachment a log files as requested which i did a couple of minutes ago.
    Again the issues started after 200/300 meters of driving.

Attached Files:

11. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Possible steam controllers issue. Make sure controllers in steam are all unchecked.

12. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your message. I've checked the controller settings in steam but all the controller options are unchecked. So that's also not the problem.

I noticed also when i'm able to drive a car it happens always on the same place. I checked the game files aswell but everything is fine.
    When it happens the fanatec FFB in the pedals are on tilt, and also the ffb in the steeringwheel is tilt. The game freezes and also Steam not responding if that happens. I need to shut down the steam service via the task manager.

I reinstalled the game now for 5 times in the meantime with no luck either.

I'm also on the Fanatec forum since today, I read that i'm not the only one with issues with fanatec CSW2.5 and pedals to get it working properly with RaceRoom. But I don't read any solutions which works.

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you try switching usb cable and the usb port your using

Andi

14. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I already tried al the USB ports before I started to post this issue.

I have mostly USB 3.0 on my desktop which have some issues with fanatec gear by recognizing (common issue if you search on fanatec forums)

It’s working (for the driver software and for the other racegames) only on 3.1 or old 2.0.

I’m 99% sure it’s not an USB or Cable issue otherwise I would not be able to drive other racegames with this setup with no issues.

15. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I deleted the game.
    Had contact with Fanatec, nothing is wrong with the drivers or my setup. Everything works as designed as also tested with several other racing games.

They found out it has to be some issues with the game itself because they have many issues regarding Raceroom.

17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Hardly seems likely. There are many people using Fanatec that have no issues.

18. Yucko the Clown

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunatelly it's the game. See also the lasts attachments.
    Tried one more thing, deleted all user profiles, verified game files (via steam).
    Everything recognized as it should. Opened a practice, was able to drive on track, as soon as the car gets of the track the Wheel gets disconnected and you will see "Device connected/disconnected message".

Every single time when you get off the track this issue happens now. When you stay on the track you can drive as long as you want.

Attached Files:

19. geogan

geogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I most certainly am having issues with this game and my Fanatec setup. Turning the wheel appears to be affecting framerate. Locks up. Unplayable. Is it normal to only use 30-40% of GPU?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  20. justinb97

justinb97 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I had a similar problem yesterday, But I had the wheel connected to the usb port the pedals connected to the usb port. One way to see if there is a problem is open event viewer in windows 10 right click start event viewer. Run raceroom then when it crashes see in event viewer and under applications see if there is a id h usb or something like this? I had the race on a 1 TB external drive and the two devices. The game would freeze then exit "crash" I moved the game to the main drive and then connected my pedals using RJ12 cable to the wheel and resetup the wheel in raceroom as it needed to after the move to the other drive. All worked perfectly.