Unbalanced WTCC AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dperks8, Jun 21, 2019.

1. dperks8

dperks8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody.

I'm new to R3E.

I ask the most experienced pilots for advice.

In the wtcc categories I find that the AI gains a lot of time coming out of the curves entering a straight

Example: Monza - Hungaroring (both on last corner exit to the main straight).

Instead in the rest of the circuit I always manage to turn with their pace(105/115 difficulty range)

Even trying different setup solutions does not improve the situation

Thanks in advance to who will answer me and sorry for my bad English.

2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that it is a unique issue with WTCC ( I do not race thos category quite often). I mainly drive GTR3 and only on my favorite tracks. I only use default setups. There is another thread about AI being incredibly fast at some parts of some tracks. I think that is a matter of waypoints (if R3E still uses such a system, which I think it does). E.g. I have no change in fast corners against the AI (e.g. lesmo 1 and 2, Pouhon, cobs corner etc.). But the overall laptime is equal as I'm much much better at breaking into slow corners.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's a limitation of the AI as it stands. As above braking into tight corners AI are not so good. Over a lap it evens itself out well though and I generally have close racing with them.

4. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I do have close racing with them as well and since they can overtake me in pouhon and I can re-overtake them in busstop or la source ;-)