understeer FFB setting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oppolo, Mar 21, 2015.

1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    in the option of FFB there is a point for understeer, but it doesn't matter how much I set it, 0 or 100 I don't feel the loosing of FFB during understeer....and yes, the car is understeering.
    your feelings?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    What wheel do you have?
    Make sure you disabled damper and springs in your driver settings.

3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    G25 and I launch raceroom with profiler off.
    these are my settings in game

FFB Device Name="LOGITECH G25 RACING WHEEL USB"
    FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
    FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
    FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
    FFB Gain="1.0" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
    FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.07" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.035" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
    FFB steer force exponent="0.5" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
    FFB steer force input max="-11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
    FFB steer force output max="2.0" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
    FFB steer force grip weight="0.7" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
    FFB steer force front grip exponent="1.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
    FFB steer force rear grip exponent="1.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
    FFB steer update thresh="1.500000e-004" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
    FFB steer friction coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer damper coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
    FFB steer load multiplier="0.9" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer lateral multiplier="1.9" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer rack factor="1.0" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer load change exponent="0.2" // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer load change breakpoint="1.0" // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.4" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.025" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="-2.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.02" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
    FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.9" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
    FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.09" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB brake vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.02" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.5" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.7" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.075" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.9" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
  5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    it's not bad at all, but anyway I can't feel the understeering, I've tried it with seat of wtcc

6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps this suggestion helps here too. :)

7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    thanks all for suggestions and efforts, but no, even with a value of 10 in those settings, I don't feel good, anyway, maybe be the fault is on my side, maybe I think to push the car at the limit but I don't...don't worry, it doesn't matter, I'm going on to use this simulator ;)