Uneven forces while handling my t300. (issue)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TaksoTS, Nov 23, 2020.

1. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This has been troubling for a while.What is basically happening is that my wheel(t300 rs gt) feels like its unevenly distributing the ffb forces. Its tougher to turn it to the right than it is to the left and there also seems to be a deadzone situated more degrees to the left and to the center.The wheel returned from the tm's repair facilities and for 1 week at arrival it seemed to be fine. Just around a day or 2 afterwards,right at startup, i felt the exact same feeling im having now, which btw occured to me with my older wheel as well(dfgt). This seems to be some issue that does not necessarily have to do with ffb being faulty as tm didnt note anything on the service paper ffb wise. This does not happen constantly though.There are some days that it feels linear.However, when it does happen It seems like i cant wrap my head around it and find a solution to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I'm also getting a notchy feeling a few degrees to the right from the center of the wheel.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If this issue is related to the known issue with flat-spot FFB effects on Thrustmaster wheels, you should post here.

However, uneven forces, notchy feelings and the same thing happening on a wheel from a completely different manufacturer make this issue seem unrelated. I would have said it was a problem for Thrustmaster to sort out, but if it was happening on a Logitech wheel as well than perhaps your own system is somehow responsible. I can't say I've every felt anything similar in R3E on either my TM or Logitech wheels.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I remembered that somebody reported the same thing some time ago, but then I realized that was also you back then. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with it. Unfortunately, I cannot add anything new. I had similar issues with my DFGT when it eventually worn out, but I never experienced anything like this on the T300. Maybe if you have the chance, try an another model if some relative or game room in your area has one and test if it feels similar or not. And if it's noticably different, I'd contact TM support again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If you have the same strange issue on wheels of different manufacturers, I think a Windows re-install is due. At least this is what I would do in such a case. 1 day of re-installing and re-configuring everything with 1 night of game downloads maybe versus weeks or months of fiddling around with uncertain results. No-brainer in my book... ;) The worst thing that can happen, is that the issue unexpectedly still persists, but then you at least have ruled out a LOT of possibilities in one go and can concentrate on the hardware.

5. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    - Here is the thing.I tried using the wheel on another system long time ago, but it was behaving the same way. To my understanding, this is something not related to windows alone, as it happened over a night and not progressively with me fiddling with any windows settings or doing updates and stuff.The last time it was used everything seemed to work fine.
    - Right now, using a different t300 (in a game room or not) to rule out if its a model issue isnt really a viable possibility due to covid restrictions but even if it was, i dont think it actually is a model issue.>Reason being is that it was checked by TM around like 1,5 months ago and nothing regarding this issue was noted.The time before the exact same wheel was sent to tm's service center, as i contacted them regarding the uneven forces issue, they tensioned the belt which almost made things better until a week later, that everything went back to "normal". I got told that there was nothing wrong with my wheel. A calibration test and a belt tensioning procedure were the only things noted, which were optional.
    So, the wheel, hardware wise, shouldnt be having any issue right now.(Was thoroughly checked 2 times)
    -Here is a list of things i tried so far in order to resolve this issue:
    1)Reinstalling both the firmware and software drivers
    2)Readjusting the wheel's position, with the seat position as well
    3)Removing the connector thingy in between my base and wheel frame to see if it was creating any friction as there was a small part of it that was brushed
    4)Removing the front plate to check for any possible friction while the connector was rotating
    5)Playing different games with ffb on/off to figure out if it is game related and ffb only related(found something interesting here)
    6)Setting my wheel's center percentage to a different point
    7)Ran the txrw motor calibration test succesfully
    8)Ran the wheel on a different system to no avail*

So far having tried all of the above, my 5th test had me feeling that the wheel,without ffb on, is very slightly harder to rotate clockwise.Of course at this point im trying to figure out if there needs to be some more mechanical lubing to be added to the main motor shaft.But that wouldnt totally explain why the wheel rarely feels even, from the day i experienced the uneven forces.

P.S:Thank you guys for the responses.I will keep trying to resolve the issue. It does get a bit frustrating and distracting trying to race like this. Recently ive been trying to get myself up to the top split races of the wtcr series and it has been a bumpy ride doing so. Of course, the issue is not rly performing a 1lap qualifying time but racing for a 25min time can prove to be a struggle on split 2 as well. On top of that the t300's clamp isnt really helping as the wheel still moves and slides after minutes of intense racing xD.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  6. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After thorough investigation and testing i'm positive that ive figured out whats the problem here. By swapping the center points of the wheel 20 degrees to the left,which means that now the wheel is centered standing literally upsite down, the wheel is harder to turn to the left than to the right, which by itself means that now the uneven forces are distributed anti clockwise. That said and by swapping the center points of the wheel 20 degrees to the right later on (from the original default center point) i figured that there must be some mechanical issue going on, that doesnt have to do with the ffb.The ffb is simply amplifying the scale of the issue. So, at this point im thinking that the belt must be moving loose somewhere through the gears, or potentially even slipping slightly off track. A second exlanation i got is that the grease situated in the main motor shaft has partially faded some way or another.
    On one hand im glad that theres nothing wrong with the software/firmware or the electronic side of things but on the other im frustrated with the build of this wheel base. I'm not sure what tm did to distribute and eliminate this issue but what i am sure about, is that it didnt last long and the issue is emerging back in the surface in a very short period of time.
    If anyone has had the same issue and fixed it properly and for good, i'd really appreciate a quick guidance in this post.Last time i did try and do this, things didnt go as planned and the issue wasnt solved.(at least permanently that is)