Problem Unusual game behaviour after reinstall

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by John McG, Oct 12, 2021.

1. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This issue has occurred after I reinstalled RR twice while trying to track down another issue I was having and which was the subject of my post from last weekend.

My broadband connection is 1 Gbps fibre and my system specs are:

upload_2021-10-12_10-23-44.png

I run a Fanatec DD2 with Fanatec V3 pedals and a Fanatec F1 Esport wheel and a Samsung 49" G9 monitor.

Running the reinstalled game for the first time I had to redo the controller/key bindings, video settings FBB settings etc. as expected however I now find that the game response when in single player practice and multiplayer, is completely different to what it was prior to these reinstalls.
    When I first start up, the gameplay is smooth and the FBB is as I expect (and experienced prior to reinstall), but after a while the graphics start to react a lot to track undulation, gear changes, kerbs etc, to the point that visually it's like my eyeballs are vibrating. In addition, the FBB feels progressively granular. This makes it seem that the visual effects are connected to the granularity of the FBB.

I have tried different graphics settings (LOW) and the same thing happens. All the immersive FBB effects are at 0 etc.

I also noticed that I cannot select 5140x1440x120Hz (which I think I could before but it's now 5140x1440x160Hz) for the resolution and even if I reduce to 60Hz or even 3840x1080x120Hz, the effect is the same.

I also noticed on Task Manager that the game can be accessing over 2GB, but that may be normal. I have plenty of memory available.

I am stumped and frustrated..... :)

2. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone tell what the difference would be for an install that has had successive updates applied as available, compared to a completely new install?

RR uses DX9 I understand, but DX12 should be backward compatible? If there are components of DX9 that the game needs even though an OS has DX12 would RR add the required DX9 components during a fresh install?

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
  4. Qc-Peter-418

Qc-Peter-418 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello John,
    Did you find a solution ? .. I have the same problem and I've been trying different thing whit out any success !

5. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Maskerader,
    Good idea :), however I don't see rumble pad mentioned anywhere in the Controller/FBB tabs. I remember it from RR prior to the recent major updates but I think that the controller default profiles will be set to suit the controller(s) the game finds now maybe? So since I use the Fanatec DD2 it would not be applicable in the profile?

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Try this:
    - Go to: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\
    - Use Notepad or any text editor to open a file with the same name as your control set profile in the game.
    - Find a line starting with FFB Rumble Pad and make sure it's FFB Rumble Pad="0".

7. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, not yet.... :-(
    I think I made some small progress yesterday with installing the legacy DX9 services while keeping DX12, but the effect is still there to a lesser degree. It only starts to show up after a few laps...
    I still don't have anything definitive.

8. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ah, thanks, I found it and confirm it is set to "0".