Question Update for Button Assignment needed

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Racki, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    It would be great if the team could look at the secondary functions of the controls menu in one of the next updates.

Especially the button assignments for camera movement do not work for me. It's always the standard buttons on the numblock which cannot(?) be changed.
    On the other hand there are buttons assigned which are not defined in the menu like page down for camera change. (great thing if you do not know that and assign a crewchief button on it aswell. in the race I wanted to enable crewchief and found my in the tv cam perspektive :rolleyes:)

I find the naming of the items could be improved in terms of clarity too. Maybee another menu item for replay buttons could be added?

I don't know if some of it has to do with my german keyboard layout.

Sure this is not one of your priorities but I guess a short look on it should not consume too much time.

thanks a lot!

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    So you mean the "hidden" camera functions on the numpad (Ins, Del, Home, End Pg Up, Pg Dn) should be locked or written in the controller settings so one can see them, am I correct?

Camera movement is configurable in the control settings. Down below are my settings for exterior camera (I use these settings in all racing games):

[​IMG]

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    definitely, I find it frustrating that I have to use the home key rather then being able to bind it.

4. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Well it's definitely better to have every key definable especially if you are using buttonboxes, gaming keyboards or whatsoever. Or just having the same teamspeak functions on the same buttons as in other games without conflicting with the predefined pg down key for example.

On the second thing. Here is my screenshot of my secondary functions. It is very close to the default settings:
    Sorry, it's in German.
    20170226104432_1.jpg

This is how my buttons act in replay:
    KP+, KP- switch to next/prev driver
    KP7, KP9 zoom in and zoom out.
    KP2, KP4, KP6, KP8 rotate the camera as expected
    KP5 resets to default view angle
    KP/, KP*, KP0 do not seem to do anything

So you see it is completely different to the assigment in the settings. Maybe some configuration has to be reset or so?