News Update on server problems

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yep, still no fix for lagging and disappeared cars :(

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah well, it won't fix itself and because it's the weekend and nobody's around, just try to take it easy if you can somehow. They'll get back on it next week and when a fix is found you'll get it first, promise. ;)

3. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Christian im one of the best defenders of Raceroom in PT, and i bring more players to this game... Before the huge update of 18 November the disapearing issue happends sometimes, in a race with 20 or more... Even so i always played in public server with absolutly no problem, dispiste my "friends" stop playing this game because of this issue.
    Then came the update and more patchs, and i just finished playing my 3 race today in 3 diferente servers, and i can say:
    Multiplayer Races are DEAD, they are done.... :(
    Not one or two players blinking....lots of them....and the race stars and it's caos....servers with only 10 guys happens the same...
    And other problem that never existed before the Update and now continues to exist regardless of the patches.....the top bottom bar showing our place in the race...again today i was in third place and the top bar shows i'm in 10 place !??!?

This is getting worse and worse, and now i dont even have a will to go to servers and race, because its not a race, its a mess, every servers, every race :( omg...
    I convenced most of my team to buy content to start playing this, and now they do and this happens...

This was my favorite simulator....but now i can do any more normal race....
    Sorry but im fustrated, and it seems this is a huge problem to be solved and im not a programmer but i think this will only be resolved with a huge change in programing, not an easy one....

PS: this problem seems to be only in the first 4 or 5 laps in the beggining. Then goes back to normal, the lag and the informating on the top bar, but most of the player quit the server.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    There were massive problems at Spa with GT3 an hour or so ago. I have experienced issues before but this was un-drivable. No cars showing, 20 fps and massive stuttering.

I noticed that the issues for me started when a couple of people disconnected and it went from there.

Also, it doesn't help that the issues mostly come up during the first laps since T1 is always a lovefest deluxe...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Did one more race today, practise and qualify everything ok, lots of cars, every thing fluid....
    Did pole and started from first...soon my friend said my car was blinking ( had 30 ping) , the race started and my friend said he dont see my car...i was invisible, and the top bar goes crazy, switch my position from first to last and middle places....then i happear and dissapeard again, then i was overrun by other pilots because they didnt see me....
    No more races today for me.
    This never happened to me before the 18 november patch.....

I have premium pack and i cant do a normal multiplayer race anymore :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I do understand the disappointment, what I don't understand is why some of you apparently can't take it for what it is. The issues are well known and S3 will get back to working on them next week. Right now it's the weekend and nobody is in the office so nothing will change out of the blue, that's why I suggested to take it easy. You getting worked up or angry or sad about this bug won't change anything and it doesn't help you, so why can't you just let it go and wait for them to fix it? Maybe try SP in the meantime, it's not as bad as you might think. ;)

Some people have been asking to lift the beta flag but here you see why this wouldn't be justified. The game still is in beta phase, things get changed a lot, things brake while doing so. It's not like this is the first time MP didn't work properly and tbh, from my pov this isn't the worst we had. And this also isn't the first game that has bugs in MP, but unlike many of those other games here the developer actually tries to mend them (and did so in the past), so suggesting some "huge change in programming" without any knowledge of the code or programming in general is a little rich from my pov.
    Tomorrow they will resume work and fixing the MP issues is top priority atm, so I'm positive that, like in the past, they will eventually find the reason and fix it.

I just think that you're not doing yourself a favour if you're letting this have a negative influence over your mood by getting hung up about it. It's just what it is, a bug in a beta game that will get fixed.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, Christian, I am a big supporter and promoter of R3E after things had changed a lot with the change from "Simbin" to the Sector3 Studios staff and I was convincing a lot of people in my community, too, to give it a solid chance besides the vRP and always online thing that still keeps a lot of people critical against R3E. But what I don't get is this "Beta" thing. Sure its named "Beta" all over the place. But at least the pricing model isn't beta at all. Its premium league. And considering what I have spent until now at R3E I easily could have bought several triple A titles from.
    Sure errors and bugs happen. I have no problem with that. But at some point there should be some lesson learned, too. And those kind of errors happen every time big patches are done. The annoying error 503 etc stuff happened so often in the past. And now we have a MP desaster ongoing since the last patch. And people are loosing mood to support R3E any longer as there are AMS, AC and even rF2 out there that get their things much better done. I am not going to say I am done with R3E but I have more and more problems and a hard time to convince some more people in my community to stay tuned until the problems are solved and so R3E is like pCARS dying on the MP front despite that both have average good working SP modes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And still you made the conscious, informed decision (at least I hope so) to spend your money on a game flagged as beta all over the place. And I also hope you've read the EULA before doing so, because this is what you agreed to:
    So that's another point being made that I don't understand. You made the choice to spend your money on what clearly isn't a finished product. By doing so you didn't buy a share of the company or a vote on what they should do next or how things should be carried out.

Don't get me wrong please, I know that this^ is just legal talk and that is only just one part of the relationship between producer and consumer, there's an emotional side as well, I know that. And I love that people are passionate about RR and/or S3, that's a good thing and shows that many things are already done right. Not everything is, but if it were horrible all around people wouldn't wish for it to thrive and continue to support it.
    So from your perspective the developers here are not able to learn and don't know how to do their job? Cause that's more or less what you're implying when saying sth like this. And I assume just like Rui you're neither a programmer nor a game developer, so I just wonder how you can be so sure about that and make such statements.
    I don't know what you do for a living, but how would you react if sb who doesn't do the same thing you do and who has no insight into your work went on the internet and started telling you and everybody else how bad you are at your job and that you're unable to learn because sth you did didn't yield the results they expected?
    Complex game coding isn't like "I do a and that causes b, so I can prevent b from happening again by not doing a again".
    It's more like "I need to change line #162983 in the code to achieve what I'm after but that unexpectedly breakes line #57479 and that works in conjunction with line # 4306 so I need to change that too".

Again, I understand that people get disappointed when stuff breaks but that's a) to be expected in an developing evironment and b) hard to impossible to prevent. All I'm saying is that it's no use letting this drag you down or getting frustrated over it (and in some other cases) coming here to rage or insult people. That doesn't fix the issue and it doesn't make you a happier being. It doesn't aid the cause a bit and it doesn't make anything go away, not even the frustration. (I'd even argue it will make it worse.) That's just a general take on life I guess, and my take is that if there's sth going wrong which I have a) no responsibility for and b) no direct influence over, I think of the Beatles and Let It Be.
    (Just like in testing: 3 solid re-pros = bug > write a report + forget about it until there's notice of a fix)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @LTC Mike you are right about the "premium price vs beta product" perception, I think we are used to a lot of games being flagged as Early Access and "cheaper" in Steam these days. On the other hand I worked for a very long time on a quite big quake3 mod for free, and people were just as much frustrated/venting etc. despite the game being completely free and all of the developers working unpaid on it.
    The reason is that the emotional investment in something is even greater "value", then the money I think. If you like something a lot, and it breaks, it wears you down. And it also wears you down being powerless about it. It makes you question your own choice, why did I invest into this at all, when it gives me the pain now. This may sound like a counseling advice ;) There is always risks to be taken, otherwise no joy at all.
    But as Christian said "let it be", there is absolutely nothing you can do, or could have done to prevent from feeling like this. It's only a matter of time... (it's easy for me to focus on that, given due to non-serious medical issue I cannot use my sim-rig for half a year, humans ship in beta, too).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert ... to make it short: I don't think you got what I was talking about. I am doing a professional business as well for a living - not in the programming branch, but I was connected for more than 15 years to the IT business and I know processes of developing very well - and if I would deliver the same errors over and over again and again I would be thrown out of business very soon, that's for sure.

And I didn't want to debate if I am depressed about this whole stuff but what I learn from the sim racing communities around that more and more become upset by this and are leaving R3E what it is: an highly priced beta but nothing one in a league would even consider to give it a run... at least in the actual situation. Just to add: I am not in any way possible to let the dedicated server run for more than 24 hours without getting a constant stream of errors from it. That's another problem going on and on, very often described over here in the forums and not a word from the devs on this at all or even any fix or solution to this behaviour.

So thanks for your lessons in IT business but that doesn't meet the - in my opinion - critical situation the last changes to the system, an erratic online store and not working patches have moved R3E now. Let's wait how it gets fixed in the near future, but concerning MP and league business my community is moving along and giving AMS a solid chance...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ditto...
    And here come the Beatles again, so
    Cheers

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    So after fridays update i'm under the impression things are a little bit better but still far from acceptable for online multiplayer.

Friday GRRT had a race on a private server with 5races without issues. So far so good.. :)

Did some random MP-races on dedicated servers and privateservers where warping was mostly limited to one driver in the back whereas before there were 5 or more all over the field.. Still some invisible cars and the upper rankingbar which is confused..
    Also had a race on Spa with the Aquila where I ran 3rd.. Numbers 1 and 2 couldnt see me but i could see them and they were capable of touching me.. :confused:
    Pings were fine all the time..

So i really hope things get sorted for multiplayer and this doesnt happen again. I dont mind one or two days 503 errors but this was/is quite irritating because everything worked a charm before..

Goodluck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, its gonna be fun at the Multiclass race tonight at the RD club :grin::grinning::grimacing:

14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” [...] RACEROOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, NOR THAT IT WILL REPAIR ANY ERRORS IN THE PRODUCT.

Where do one find this text? This should be seated above the buy button, in red.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Best Update ever :D :mad:

17. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    SECTOR 3 Try and fix this always online game that it don't work online.
    Its almost 2 weeks from the update and after 2 or 3 patches and things are getting worst. Not working menus, connection issues, crashing problems, errors, etc...
    Tonight at the multiclass race at Racedepartment club, one minute before the race start i had an error that i dont remember and a crash to desktop, i had to reboot after that because the game didnt start and race over for me.
    The only thing that keeps me here, is that i have invest too much money in this sim and i dont want to lose it.
    FIX YOUR SERVERS

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I have premium pack, all the content. Invested to much money to quit now.

Can they reverse the update to before 18 Nov update. I prefer those old bugs that these new bugs.
    Before I could play some races, now it's impossible to have a clean race

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    We all paid it voluntarily, didn't we? And come on, as annoying as the current server problems are - seen over the year the outtage times due to such problems are minimal. I for one had more problems due to internet outtages, than due to S3 induced bugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1