International [UTSR] Blancpain 2Hours GT3 EnduranceSeries 2017/18 - (R4 - Spa-Francorchamps - 8 December 2017

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Nick Feys, Jul 2, 2017.

1. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks, Nick.
    i try to take part in the remaining races.
    basically i used my Spa setup yesterday, so i can expect the same for Spa, my goal is a top5 result (as a lot of faster drivers missed yesterday)
    Monza and Slovakiaring will be a nightmare, but on the remaining circuits the car will have maybe less disadvantage.
    we'll see :)

2. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    All races continue with start in the server at 19.30 hours.

For some help for drivers who are not in Belgium where the server runs from the "Blancpain 2Hours Endurance Series", you can check this link and compare what time it is with you than at the time of the start of the race server.

I hope that the drivers will be useful.

https://www.dewereldklok.nl/tijd/groot-brittanie/city-of-london/

3. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    [​IMG]

Friday evening 8 December 2017 - Race 4 - Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium (Layout circuit: Combined)

Times races Europe or 19.30 Hours - (UK Time 18.30 Hours)

- Free Practice: 19.30 Hours (30 minutes)
    - Qualifying: 20.00 Hours (60 minutes)
    - Warm Up: 21.00 Hours (10 minutes)
    - Main Race: 21.10 Hours (120 minutes)

You can find the championship in Raceroom server as follows:
    [UTSR] Blancpain 2Hours GT3 Endurance Series - R4 Spa-Francorchamps

During the week before the race 4 starts at Spa-Francorchamps, the server will also be open on Wednesday and Thursday evening from 20:00 Hours (19:00 Hours UK Time)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +114 / 0
    Sorry again guys, i was just taking my time thinking I'll get into the server as quali started and........oh. 2:04 in quali is a nice time, it would have been a good battle with Gonzalez.

Also looks like there will be a big update for the GT3s just before the next race, and sounds like there will be a lot of changes ;)

5. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Highlights of the "Blancpain 2Hours Endurance Series 2017/18"

Race 2 on Silverstone, an exciting race of over 2 hours with super rider Ismail Yakubu who won the win with his Bentley Continental GT3.
    But the fight was challenged by Caleb Conzalez, who scored second in his McLaren 650s. Top three podium went to BMW M6 rider Levente Toth.

And not to mention that all riders fought for a good result. Battels were not too short at the fast Silverstone.

Would say racers, enjoy the highlights of the race at Silverstone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what you mean track speed limits? you mean track limits - so gaining time with cutting the track?
    i'd like to see concrete issues, i can imagine maybe cutting the 1st chicane or the second one. but no problem for me, if you set the game to give penalties for cutting the track, drivers won't do it.
    but as in real lifen, drivers will search and find any way to get advantage on the track until it's legal.
    check this out, at 1:31:55 :D

or were there more hicky moves? i'm waiting for the movie...

7. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Watch the movie. Robert. You are not eligible for a penalty of "Track limits". On the picture you will see what the violations are. This can be overcome. But not nearly every round, and at full speed to win time.

8. gonzales

gonzales Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0

If you watch this video without warning off the track or cut the same line I did, 100% sure that yakubu would do it would also be penalized for taking that line.:eek::confused: (zry google translador)

9. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Thats the thing with Paul Ricard, the ingame track limits are the second white line. So as long as you keep 2 wheels inside the "wider" line there is no cut warning at all. Thats the line Caleb followed, the one Yakubu followed on his LB lap, and the one me and everybody around me on the race as I could see followed as well.
    Only time I saw someone going way wide and taking profit of it without lifting off was precisely when a Ford GT overtook me exiting Beausset.
    You wouldnt have seen a single DT penalty to Caleb or to me (cant speak for everyone) if they'd been set, thats for sure.

10. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    2 wheels over the curbs or 2 wheels over the white lines, ok.
    Four wheels over the white lines or full on the curbs are wrong.

I will go back this year to the 24Hours of Spa Francorchamps. There have been more than 45 times track limits spoken to riders. Especially most in the night of the race.

Also back in the F1 this year, see Max Verstappen last round at Circuit of the Americas (USA) at his acquisition maneuver at Kimi Raikkonen. Was also punished, and this for only 1 time.

I will continue to discuss this discussion. So let's follow this rule for anyone driving championship.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nick, it's your league, your rules.
    but i disagree with these penalties handed out after the race, because drivers didn't know this before the race. you made the rules clear now, so i think they should take effect from the next round.
    Paul Ricard is not an easy track in this case and the original cut rules are quite forgiving as they are in the real life.
    i understand (and agree) that if you want to make the racing fair, but then everyone must know the rules before the race. even if this would mean i won the race, but i don't like wins like this ;)

for me, no problems with the game's cut rules, but if the majority doesn't like it, i accept.
    so if you have enough time to check everybody, what if we use some time penalties? like:
    after 3 track cuts (which means you gain time too, mistakes are not count) you get a black/white flag ("final warning" flag)
    after the 4th time you have +5s added to race time. and after every further cut you have +5 - +5s added to race time. or after 5 cuts a "drive through" penalty (30s added to race time). the 5 place penalties are not too fair i guess, because it can be a huge difference between the places in time.
    but again, it's your league, your rules ;) i'm wondering what you guys think about it.

12. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmm. interesting.
    there is a lot of time to gain stretching the limits :D
    also i did a couple of laps on this version with my Z4. 6th gear was at the end around 270km/h, i think my top speed was 266 with 5 rear wing :O slow shit :D

13. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Highlights of the "Blancpain 2Hours Endurance Series 2017/18"
    Race 3 Paul Ricard (France)

Unfortunately, 11 riders at the start of the race. Drivers had informed that they did not work because of work. But where were the other drivers? has it had to do with hour change? Nothing to do.

Still 2 hours of exciting race, with battle between Caleb Gonzalez, Gerardo Duran, and Robert Horvath. Begin race with little jumps together, but also by small mistakes, drivers came back and had to get back into the attack.
    Further to the race, unfortunately, some riders did not observe the track limits, so what was too fast faster than drivers who obeyed the rules. The match was won by Caleb Gonzalez in his McLaren 650S with only a small lead on Robert Horvath (BMW Z4) who became handsome second. Podium was filled with third place by Joan C Trenzano in his Mercedes SLS AMG.

We are now preparing for the fourth race on the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) on 8 December 2017.
    Hopefully it will be a thrilling race and with a wide field of participants.

14. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    this raceline is considered invalid?

[​IMG]

I do not participate just ask for curiosity, with the mclarens for example (mp4 & 650s) you don't lose NOTHING if you keep 2 wheels on the asphalt in this zone but in other cars like the RUF is imposible to do the next right corner at full throttle with 2 wheels on the asphalt.

15. kaifos

kaifos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry, but i have to give up this series!

16. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    ATTENTION

Do not know what has meant to be missed with my account "Ultimate Speedracing" in steam, but it has disappeared under "GROUPS"

Has a new one been created with the name "UTSR Ultimate Speedracing"

For the drivers participating in the championship, you will log back in. Because then, you can also find the password back under "Discussions" to participate in the "Blancpain 2Hours GT3 Endurance Series"

Of course it's too annoying for me to have disappeared, but I need to create a new one.

Sorry guys for this inconvenience did not work for me anymore, but was right now.
    Admin, Ultimate Speedracing

17. Dencs Attila

Dencs Attila New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

I would like to join this Blancpain GT series.
    Because of the WTCC esport season I couldn't take part the first 3 races.
    Is it possible to join this series from Race4(Spa)?

Thanks in advance :)

18. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Hello dencs

This is not a problem. To participate, you must log in to the steam account "UTSR Ultimate Speedracing". This is because we always use a password per match. And this can only be found in steam account.
    We see each other than on the race of Spa-Francorchamps.

Please report on the following:

Name in Raceroom
    Name in steam
    racing car, team at the car, nr. car

Admin, Ultimate Speedracing

19. Nick Feys

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    UPDATE RACEROOM CARS GT3

If the update comes from Raceroom / Sector3Forum in connection with the new racing cars, Audi R8, Mercedes AMG, Chevrolet Corvette and the Porsche from the GT3, UTSR will allow the following for the continuation of the championship:

Anyone who has already chosen his GT3 at the start of the championship, will be allowed to exchange his racing car for the new version racing car.

This means only the riders who now drive an Audi R8, Mercedes SLS, Prosche RUF or a Chevrolet Corvette.
    Other riders continue their chosen racing car from the beginning of the season.

At a subsequent racing season (Season 2) of the Blancpain UTSR GT Series 2018, every driver may choose a new race car to race.

[​IMG]