UVM file car setup ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, May 15, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    When I use seat adjustments in cockpit view, I can see saved values as shown below:

[GENERAL]
    CreatedBy="Player1"
    Car="RUF RT12R"

[UNIVERSAL CAR SETTINGS]
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_HEIGHT=-0.040605
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_DEPTH=-0.304385

Anyway, when I use prospective shift adjustments in cockpit view, I can't see any lines or values for this particular option? Is this normal? I presume it should have something similar as shown below?

UVM_PROSPECTIVESHIFT_UP=-0.XXXXXX
    UVM_PROSPECTIVESHIFT_DOWN=-0.XXXXXX

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone share info regarding the "Carsetup".
    Simply use prospective shift and seat position option while in cockpit, exit the game.
    Go to: My Games- SimBin- RaceRoom Racing Experience-UserData-CarSetups and open UVM file of the car that you've just used. Please share info so I can compare it to mine. Alternatively you can take a screenshot of the UVM file.

I believe that prospective shift values should appear in UVM file? Mine doesn't appear at all? Just want to see if this is the case with everyone or just me?
    Thanks in advance.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm away from home for a few days so cant test, but wouldn't the perspective shift options be global rather than per car. They are used for setting the horizon correctly in relation to your real life seating position. As I understand they are a set once kind of thing. Then car seat position is used to tweak the in car view. Eg I always like to sit slightly lower and have more dash showing as it gives me the feeling of being "in the car".

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    when I use prospective shift adjustments in cockpit view

[GENERAL]
    CreatedBy="Player1"
    Car="RUF RT12R"

[UNIVERSAL CAR SETTINGS]
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_HEIGHT=0.024821
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_DEPTH=0.258961
    UVM_GAZE_OFFSET_HORIZONTAL=0.000540
    UVM_STEERING_LOCK=16
    UVM_FFB_MULTIPLIER=2.500000

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    If the perspective shift options are global and not per car....:mad::mad::mad::mad: it sucks !!!!!

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    May I ask, for what purpose are you using perspective shift for different cars? It's not something I ever touch once set....

Edit: looking at the above, would gaze offset be the perspective shift??

7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Prospective shift up or down I use in order to get a better view, that's all. A fine adjustment that is. From memory, AC got this option adjustable per car but they use different terminology.

For example: When I drive Formula 1, I move seat forward, up, or down and finally use Prospective shift up or down for fine adjustments. It should stay like this (saved) per car. I don't understand why would this be global option? No point?

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It possibly isn't global. I was only supposing given your car file has no entries for it.

My thinking for it being a set once option is that in theory you set it so that on a straight flat road the vanishing point is on a horizontal plane to the eye, this should never change, and the adjustment is there to counter your monitor position not being quite right. Ideally the monitors centre point would be at eye level but that is not always possible due to mounting points/other equipment etc. Once that is set seat position should be all you really need to change per car.

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In most cases/ cars, the prospective shifts are not needed. There are only a few cars that cold use this option.