Problem Venting Frustration - is this game really worth it?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jtrahair65, Jun 21, 2015.

1. jtrahair65

jtrahair65 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    some months ago I bought the Bathurst track and cars so me and the lads could have great race day as part of a fiftieth birthday. I have a trailer set up with 5 race cockpits so I bought 5 bathurst tracks and 5 BMWs. They very next day, the party day, the bathurst track was no longer available on the server. THANKS GUYS.
    Now the dedicated server is here YEAH!!!
    But it doesnt work. Have tried with win 7 and 8, no joy. The best result to date is I can get server up and see it but cant join. Good old Sector 7 dont offer any support other than hoping users can solve each others problems. This really suxs. I guess its good that those idiots are working on this stupid game instead of the hadron collider or something else that really counts.
    Has anyone worked out how much it would cost to race every car on every track?
    And how much does it cost to download? I have it on six pcs, I think the last update was 9GB so thats 54GB. On my crappy australian adsl2 connection, that takes days, thank god I have unlimited downloads.
    I hope the technical boffins at sector 7 pull their finger out and start treating us like the paying customer we are, we want an.OFFLINE dedicated server that works
    we want smaller updates by bit torrents
    we want updates to scheduled, lets us know when your going update, you our emails
    we want you at sector 7 to remember you work for US. WE pay your wages.

By the way Dirt3 has dedicated server built in and it works offline, pity its crap

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Everyone can have his own opinion about the game or business model of the company (it is Sector3) and I respect that, but please, do not count me on "we/us" group, because I am fine with current situation.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I feel your pain; I enjoy R3E despite these issues, not because of them. I enjoy the on track, offline package that I've got, but I don't enjoy the constant need to be connected or the piecemeal business model. Overall, it's up to the individual to judge whether it's worth it for themselves; I find it is, but I've never been in your position of needing it to work at a specific time.

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    By the way, I only disliked the OP's post because he referred to "Sector 7" (sic) as idiots. Completely uncalled for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. jtrahair65

jtrahair65 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    sorry if you were not sure, I LOVE THIS GAME but I hate its failures which shouldnt be hard to overcome, If we dont tell the developers whats wrong, how can they fix it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I don't think anyone will disagree with that, just be respectful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're wife must have the lifetime of her life... "Honey, I bought you that ring, remember? Now do as I command!"
    You sound like you believe they "removed" Bathurst on purpose just to piss you off, which by now I hope was what happened. An expert like you knows how such servers work, you know that the tracks are on a rotation and you would've just had to wait a little.

You knew what you were buying into, it's been like that since day one. This attitude of "I spent some money on it so I aquired the right to have a say in how it's used" is what's ruining your country and mine. You know this operation has been running for three years now, so divide what you've spent by 36 months and by 30 employees and you'll see how much food you've put on every employees table each month (if we ignore running costs like rent, energy, servers, license fees, promo, social security....if we want to account for those too, add division by 3).

If you don't manage to get the dedi server app running it's hardly their fault. (If you can't join it you probably didn't follow this easy guide and opened the right ports of your firewall and router)

I'm glad there are more thoughtful Aussies on here.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. jtrahair65

jtrahair65 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have spent many hours trying to resolve this issue. dont really want to lock horns with anyone, would just like a fix

• Like Like x 2
  9. jtrahair65

jtrahair65 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dirt3 works

10. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    In our group there does not seem to be any problems creating dedicated servers as we have successfully done so for a couple weeks now.

Our problem is the high ping rate. It is killing any chance of us building up a RRE Australian community. So please @Sector3 fix this issue, it cannot go on like this any longer. Also rotate the RR AUS servers with more content and vehicle clases! We might be down under but we certainly own most of the content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I rather expect the teething troubles we're having atm. I guess the alternative if it bothers me too much is to go and play something else until it's all sorted out but I haven't nearly got to that stage yet. Some races work fine, some don't, it's no big deal to me, I still have more fun racing with the crew here than if I didn't, even with the bugs. I do agree with @nipzon however, our RR Au servers could do with some variety, we don't really need a server with the Daytona Pro, and to have Aquilas on two servers out of seven is a waste, so we end up racing on the US West Coast servers. Apart from that I'm pretty happy with the game as it stands in light of recent major changes and expect they'll be sorted soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And you think calling somebody an idiot who should pull his fingers out of...what (???) is the right way to address issues? Well, OK... :confused:

Everybody knows that RRRE is still an open beta. And even if this condition now lasts for quite a long time already, having something important in your life depend on a software that is officially an open beta, is nobody's fault but your own. If you don't want to be involved in the evolution of some software, go buy something final.

Pointing out bugs is not only OK, it's wanted! But insults are really completely uncalled for. And how do you come to the conclusion that some bug shouldn't be hard to overcome? Do you know the sourcecode of RRRE? I'd be surprised to say the least. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully it gets sorted and you stick around, the more the merrier around here. I agree there are more technical issues with R3E than is really acceptable. I just happen to be in the "OK it's worth it" camp since i enjoy the racing so much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    What an odd way of getting support and saying one's opinion...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well said mate. Totally agree with you.

16. Flying Horst

Flying Horst Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Mister jtrahair65, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

You offend my lovely Raceroom! Shame on you. Look at the taste of Raceroom, this is not a proper australian outback racing game. wait far behind in the queue and beg for it to be a part of that game. money is nothing my friend. try to be a friend on the track and represent the game. do not spit on it or i will punish you in bathurst deep in the tarmac.

Did you open a ticket?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  17. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I feel your pain. I've been with this game since the closed beta. I've seen it get much better and fall short as well. No shame in just wanting it to work the way you'd like. Hang in there and maybe Sector 3 will hear your issues and look into it. I feel the game is very worth it but then I have not had your issues. However you should be allowed to vent. Good luck and hopefully soon good racing!

• Like Like x 1
  18. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    venting is fine, insulting people is not. Respect for all the hard work people put in. Just because there are issues doesn't mean they all are there on purpose or the developers think everything is fine. Sonat already made a very honest post on the always online situation in another thread. In the vast majority of addressing many "seemingly small" issues, it's simply a lack of resources, which is the true frustration for everyone, cause it's a hard problem to fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Wozy_of_Salzburg

Wozy_of_Salzburg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I can understand the level of frustration. Well... on the one side we´ve got an excellent simulation with the best sound around and a quite good graphik. But on the other side there are lot of huge building lots...
    Of course, I understand that this piece of software is still in beta, but to be honest: my money is not beta ;)
    Sector 3 takes quite a lot of money for the content, but in my eyes this is legit.
    But as we pay real money for it, it is also legit to expect a piece of software that works without bigger problems.
    So, as long as Sector 3 takes so much money for the content, the beta-status may not be used as an excuse.
    All ´s about the money :)
    Even the point, which imho is another reason for complaints:
    It is a little bit unclear what the business model is behind R3E
    Is it F2P, is it just an earl access, what happens to the tracks and cars we´ve purchased when R3E is finalised? ...will it ever reach final status? Is there any roadmap? In this particular point the communication between S3 and there customers (yes, we are customers) is very poor. I´m not really sure if these infos are out or not, because I´m quite new to R3E, but I could not find them in a short time...
    Maybe this would be a topic for the next developer video? (btw... I realy enjoy these videos and find it good to see the enthusiasm of the developers *thumbup*)
    But, these are just my 2 cents ;)
    Thx, and keep up the good job S3!

PS: Sorry for my bad english ... I hope I could transfer what I would like to say in an not offending way :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sure, we all are, but does that grant the right to insult people?
    Girl of mine used to say this: "The customer is king, right, but only if he behaves like one."
    This is not directed at you Wozy, but rather OP, who does have a point or two but the delivery was just way beyond.

• Agree Agree x 3