Problem verifying email

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dean Gierke, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Dean Gierke

Dean Gierke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I try to verify my email its says email already taken, but I already have the account working, ive made purchases from the store baught vr points and so on. Not sure what the problem is. Im trying to enter a competition but
    i cant without verifying the email , any help is appreciated and Thanks in advance

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Where are you trying to verify your e-mail address? In Steam or in Raceroom?

3. Dean Gierke

Dean Gierke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In Raceroom.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hm, this is rather strange. I don't really know which verification that could be...
    Could you join our Discord server and contact me there (Christian G)? Would be easier to communicate.
    https://discord.gg/fUT4Bdw

5. Dean Gierke

Dean Gierke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok Thanks

6. chauffeur_RJ

chauffeur_RJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem, how was this solved?

7. GhettoZeugUnzensiert

GhettoZeugUnzensiert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @GhettoZeugUnzensiert Are you still having this problem? If so, please see my note above and contact us on Discord.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  9. ibporsche85

ibporsche85 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue. I've sent PMs to Christian Gopfert and J-F Chardon but haven't gotten a reply.
    Thanks.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I didn't receive any pm on here from you, sorry. Guess J-F hasn't either in that case, otherwise I'm sure he'd have answered. Could you also try contacting me or J-F on Discord please?

11. ibporsche85

ibporsche85 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather not have to create a Discord account unless absolutely necessary (not really sure what it even is).
    I did as J-F Chardon requested, and sent a PM through this site (which to my understanding is the official Sector3 Forum).
    I may not have done it correctly, but the attachment seems to indicate that I have included both of you.
    Please understand that I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck about this, I'd just prefer to communicate through the official site.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No problem at all with that. It's just that on Discord we can chat directly, without delay. (That's basically all Discord is, an app that allows to create text and voice chat channels, similar to Teamspeak or Skype.)

But mind you, in your screenshots you've pm'ed a user called GhettoZeugUnzensiert and while my last name also starts with a G, the rest is not quite the same. ;)
    Not sure why J-F hasn't responded, but has been rather busy, he certainly wasn't ignoring you intentionally.
    I'll contact him.
    EDIT: You should have received a response.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. ibporsche85

ibporsche85 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Success! I was able to enter the competition and drive the VW. Thanks for your support!
    As for my PM to Christian, it looks like I clicked on the wrong person's icon/avatar picture ... hence why I steer away from things like Discord :)
    GhettoZeugUnzensiert, you can ignore the PM that I sent you.;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheBruCruiser

TheBruCruiser New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I seem to be having this problem too, can't enter id.r competition because of it. when i verify my email it just says email in use

15. Tomas Kling

Tomas Kling New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here. cant join anything in Raceroom, says my email is taken, cant verify it.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In that case there must be a second account linked to that mail address, probably one you created in the past. Do you still have access to your old account?

17. Tomas Kling

Tomas Kling New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, but I think it was through Steam, just as the one I use now, it could be the same, I have no idea.