very low frames with gtx980

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Peter

Peter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi everybody.

i played rre since the first day on a 4core intel, a gtx680 and 6gb ram, win7.
    all contents and updates were installed.
    it worked very fine with individual graphic settings.set more demanding as on high settings.
    now since one month i have a new pc.
    6core intel, a gtx980 and 32gb ram, win8.1.

now the surprise.
    the new installed game is not playable anymore because of LOW FRAMES even at lowest graphic settings it's not perfect to play anymore.
    when i go to auto graphic settings, it is set to the absolute minimum.

also the menu to choose tracks or cars becomes slower and slower as longer i am in the game to choose one.

what goes on here?!

newest nvidia driver is also installed 347.88
    with the version before it was the same problem.

thank you all for replying to this.

2. Peter

Peter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

all tracks are bad to drive.someones like hockenheim are better but still on low graphic settings.
    the newer tracks are not playable.
    assetto c. for example runs at 120frames stable on highest graphic settings.bf4 i even render down from 2700 to1920 on high graphics.
    only rre did not work.even the menu where you choose car,tracks stucks after a while.

3. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    nvidia driver 345.20 Change

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Im having an Asus Rog i7 - GTX 980M 4GB - 16 GB Ram, and with the same Nvidia driver as you installed.
    I get just about 60 fps on the starting line with full grids, and after the first couple of corners it settles on around 90 - 108 fps.
    I have Vsync, FXAA and Motion blur off, and mirrors on low.
    Everything else maxed out.

5. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'm using AMD cards, so just guessing, but someone mentioned in other threads that there is a "DSR" option somewhere in the Nvidia driver, which should take care about downsampling in case of need, and that is on by default in the new drivers. He said it caused massive FPS drop even he was not doing downsampling at all, and when he turned it off, everything went back to normal...

6. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i74790K - 9809 GTX G1 GAMING
    Ya pas de quoi

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I find it odd that suddenly the game is causing you issues. I had a 570 no issue in the past , then dual 680 no issue, currently running single 770 and I haven't had any issue for over Hmm a year I think.
    Cpu is a i7. This issue seems to be very random for poeple. I hope the dev find what happened with the latest update for some users :(

8. Peter

Peter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you.it did not solve the Problem.

9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    there is a newer driver, not sure if it matters, try a full clean install of the driver (not keeping your old settings). also might want to check where the slowness comes from GPU or CPU (more likely), there is plenty tools that can log graphs of cpu or gpu usage. gpu-z can display some things and most board makers also have graphical monitoring tools. could be anti-virus engines, second monitor and whatnot, so hard to find these things on pc with a billion of options.
    (shift + ctrl + esc) task manager on cpu utilization of the cores, you can also reduce the number of cores affiliated with a program (processes, find rrre exe, right click, set affinity then try limiting to say last 4 or 2 cores of your system, then see how the utilization graphs look like). anyway just guessing wild, ideally these problems magically fix themselves due to some weird settings..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I was about to upgrade to a 980 but I think I will be waiting quite a bit longer. As I mentioned many time I have no issue with pretty much everything at max on a 770, it's crazy that a 980 would have that issue.

I would be very mad if I bought a spent a lot of money on a 980 to get these kind of result/issues.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  11. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it is about the gpu, even if my fps dropped after the last update, with high video settings + vsynch "on" I have a solid 60 fps with a gtx 980. If I turn vsynch "off" fps go higher sometimes but also lower.