News Video Contest - Win FREE ACCESS

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jul 2, 2021.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    feedback noted

2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The winner clearly deserved it, nailed the proposition perfectly while being well edited, was in my opinion the best one for sure.

But I cannot agree with second place, yes it's a beautiful video but it misses the point of what was proposed, just a bunch of in game shots that doesn't show me how the game is better in 2021. Third place did a much better job and should have been second.

To be honest, I don't think second place should even be considered as it fails on at least 2 aspects
    • Was the theme addressed? - No
    • Did the video include creative ways to showcase its content? - No
    Feeling bad for third place...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    thanks mate
    we all did an excellent job.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    For that that hadn't noticed, S3 not only created this competition but also chose the top three themselves. So clearly they felt that those three videos did what they wanted them to do, and were worthy of the prizes in the order posted... regardless of your own interpretations of what should and should not have been allowed. Just saying.

Congratulations to the prize winners and well done to all who entered. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Autobox [ARG]

Autobox [ARG] New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Obviously, S3 reserves the right to choose the videos that it believes comply with the slogan.

Also those of us who participate and dedicate hours and hours to obtain a noble and dignified product, we have the right to say that the second place was not within the proposed slogan.

They are shots that, beyond some spark, could well belong to the game of 2018 or 2019 ... When Raceroom announced the big update of June 2021, they talked about the new UI, smoke, particles, new Forcefeedback and replays interface. That was the new and the best thing ever in 2021. Well, none of that is in the aforementioned video.

I clarify that this does not go against the director who undoubtedly did his best.

I only think about the choice that I think, it would merit a review since I know, there are several of us who observe this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame, really. Looks like the guy that got second had friends in high places, that's the only explanation to be able to score second with a random video like that.

@FeltHλt Thanks for the "creative" mark, but you should have used it in your video instead since it was clearly lacking in that department.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Guys, seriously, stop it. There were many videos posted of various quality but youre not the one to judge which one of these should get the prize and which should not. The second place video had its moments and was high quality from the technical side of things.

S3 clearly wanted videos that could be used in RaceRoom promotion and that should be kept in mind in the whole videomaking process. His work fit their needings, that's it. What's the point in arguing now? This is only disencouragement for more initatives like this in the future

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1