Visiting Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2Lame2Aime, Mar 28, 2016.

1. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,
    the new VLN season begins next weekend, so I decided to visit it on saturday.
    My question is: Does anybody know if there's any good spot to watch the Döttinger Höhe? I thought about the "Bilstein-bridge" at the end of the straight, but I fear that I need a ledder to see the track because of that advertisement.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I'm not sure if there is a good spot at the Döttinger Höhe. Maybe you just need to walk a bit around there, starting from the Tourist-village.

In addition Here are two video in which some Spots are presented:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    http://www.vln.de/de/infos/zuschauer/zuschauerpunkte.html
    Schwalbenschwanz is a good spot for several reasons. You can park your car near there and only need a few hundred metres till you're at the track (you'll be at the inside of the small carrousel). From there you can head left, along the outside of the track and you'll eventually reach the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe. But there is also a bridge with an underpass which you can use to cross the track and get to the "infield" so to say. From there you can hike right up to the Hohe Acht.

You can get to this spot near the petrol station Döttinger Höhe, the entrance to the tourist carpark is also nearby.

What do want to do there exactly? Cause if you want to take photos, I think there's better spots for that, but @Alex Hummler should be the expert in that department.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your replies :)

I like the view over the straight. At least in the first laps there are nice fights on it. The sound is also quit nice.
    Both times when I visited Oschersleben (Gt Masters) and Nürburgring GP(BES) I sat at a slower part of the track, which isn't bad at all, but I thought that ,next time I'll go to the highspeed section of the track.
    Also the VLN race has a duration of 4 hours so there's plenty of time to go to other interesting spots like Schwalbenschwanz or Pflanzgarten.

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I had my eye on that spot on the bridge for years but I've come to the conclusion that it's nonlonger possible or requires a stepladder and lax security, certainly not something I've been able to sort for the N24 in the past!

If you've not been before, the beauty of the place is having so many great viewing spots. I've been to four 24 hour races there now and there are still parts I've never seen.

This year's challenge is to walk the full course within the 24 hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Rodger, I don't think people are supposed to be on Antoniusbrücke during races for safety reasons.