Released Volkswagen ID.R Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    It's not just you....;)

I really can understand it's not everyone's taste, but i don't understand the need to get angry over 1 electric car. We have 100+ non-electric cars in game and they don't go away and i'm pretty sure 99% of all upcoming cars are going to be non-electric.
    So what's the point of going mad and saying things like "More of such cars with this sound and I play other games..." ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The beauty of sims is that we can embrace the new and modern, without sacrificing the old :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well just got done with my first (rather extensive) test drive and gotta say its an amazing car. The speed from hohe acht to döttinger höhe is unreal. Only 5 seconds slower than the 919 evo through that section. It loses 13 seconds on döttinger höhe tho (or until the braking zone for the chicane) so give us that drs :D
    Sound is no v10 but very enjoyable nevertheless.
    Only problem is i cant really feel when the rear is coming around. Is there anything ffb wise i could tweak specifically for this car or is that likely related to me not hearing the revs rather than lacking ffb info?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I increased the FFB multiplier a bit to have a bit more feeling of the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thx ill give that a try next time

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I quite enjoy this car, sounds like my Evolve GTX and the aero is quite impressive especially around Nords! I can only manage 6:13 atm (361 on leader board at the time) but it's feels quite unnatural but fun.

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Lol I gave it a go as well but as I almost never race on this track it was a disaster. And the fun part was that I started with shifting up and down the first few meters. Lol... suddenly I noticed that that is not needed with this car. I prefer a roaring engine above a sewing machine on steroids.

8. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    The sound is more of a siren, the cats hate it, so good for people with cat allergy. Poor Dumas if the real car sounds alike. There´s the story that the Mazda Rotary LM car literally drove drivers crazy, so even more with this car.

9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I understand that some posters here dislike the whole idea of electric cars. I don't like it much and I used to hate it with every fibre in me, especially with Tesla being the forefront of electric cars with their early access products and also the fact that batteries are significantly less energy density compared to petrol. If it is up to me, I rather go hydrogen at the end.

However, this is where the automotive industry is heading. We can't do much about it as the politcal and environmental preassure outweights our passion for those fire spitting V12s that sounds like heavens singing to you. I had heard some of the greatest cars in the motorsports history on track at racing pace, I will miss these sounds when almost everything will be electric in the future.

It is how the world will be, in some ways, we need to move with the times. Even though it means we will lose what we loved.

I still love the IDR, it drives like a totally different type of beast that never existed for me. Lots of grip and insane acceleration. Unlike the garbage Formula E and Tesla in Forza games. I haven't tried the Formula E in rfactor, maybe S397 should do a sale so that I can try them in a properly simulated game. :p

I really can't wait for S3 to sell the car so that I can bring it to my favorite tracks. Hopefully it comes with some liveries for some variety on the grid.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    lol, i still keep trying to shift on the low speed corners trying to get it to kick down :p and yeah it certainly doesn't have the same appeal as a throaty V8 or even a turbo six but it's got some nice wind noise, lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Indeed the wind blows my lips over my forehead. :D

12. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Replay Replay Replay, can we please get the feature to see the time during replays? the HUd shows 00:00:00, would be also very helpful to get markers in the time line where a lab starts, and the info what lab was the fastest. please :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Driving in S mode doesn't seem to be slower right now.

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As there's no juice consumption in competitions, using this mode doesn't make a difference atm.

15. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't make a difference to performance at all, it's purely if the battery is being charged under braking or not. In-game you would never want to run in D mode, the only reason it exists is because the battery can overheat very easily irl.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the fart of the horse was cherished right up to the birth of the ICE, noises come and go, it's just whining that has remained consistent over the years!

17. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a problem with it.
    Give me a steering wheel, give me four tires, give me speed and a closed racetrack and I'm happy.

So it is for a race driver. Any other can complain about this or that. :)

I don't call someone poor, who is able to get a car for a six minute lap on Nordschleife! No matter what.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  18. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I thought you guys knew how this car sounds, but then here it is so you can compare ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Here our @Anthony Monteil how are you getting on with those Lambo sounds? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It's amazing just how much of a difference weird setups can make. Default setup I maxed out at 6:03's, then tried Georg's setup and nearly broke to 6's, then tried Austin's setup and went into the 5:58's with mid 7's on the cards. Neither of these setups would follow any tuning advice imho. ;O( Makes me wonder how the data stacks up so far from real runs? p.s. this isn't a complaint just an observation. Also indicates you need to know tricks and exploits to get the fastest laps you can and not follow typical tuning / setup guides ;O( Still really enjoy the game though, its great ;O)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019