Vorpx for VR

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hell-Fiend™, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys i just ordered my oculus rift and i was searching around for softwares that plays unsupported games and i found vorpx anyone tried this program i was wondering if it works with raceroom i would love to play r3e on my vr. Let me know guys excited to get my vr

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's Vireio Perception too: http://www.mtbs3d.com/new-vireio-site
    It's open source/free. RR is not in their games list, but it looks like they are still working on it and maybe accepting requests.

EDIT: Or, considering it's open source nature, maybe there's a talented coder out there who can make it work with RR?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  3. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Devs consider it or someone talented does

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I will soon get some free space where I will be able to put a mounted rig. finally! :)
    Looks like I will settle for just a DK2 for the time being, until it's time to do a new PC upgrade, hopefully the consumer VR sets will be a bit cheaper then.
    But will be really sad, if I won't be able to use R3E on this rig.. . :sob:

@mr_belowski @pixeljetstream, is this open source programs something you guys would be able to do some magic with? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Renderer stuff is way out of my league. I just swear at people :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Not legally allowed to work on stuff like that, but also wouldn't want to. The project uses the evil GPL license, and the whole thing is quite a hack (the general concept, not judging their code). Also from their website (and probably how others work)
    "CAREFUL: Don't use Vireio Perception with multplayer games with anti-cheat measures as the software could get recognized as a hack and either kick you or ban you."
    I'd think R3E's DRM wouldn't be fond of such tools and detect them as they could be used to steal the content as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I'd describe the GPL licence as evil :)

Some games anti cheat measures would detect dll injection (which is what vorpx and revive are doing) but many don't check or don't care.

I've not tried vorpx but the forum doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. I wonder if r3e still has the old oculus dk1 code in the renderer, which might be something that revive could work with for vive users.

For assetto the complete lack of vr menu support isn't much of a problem for me as I just use steam's vr desktop for navigating the menu. Perhaps the same approach would work for r3e

• Like Like x 1