Question VR and only a black screen on the main screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by lrystedt, Oct 26, 2019.

1. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So I've been away from Raceroom for quite some time (when I was here last, tire pressure wasn't a thing) and I have a couple of questions and my search skills are not up to the task.

1. I have a memory that it was possible to have the game showing on the main screen and not only in WMR?
    2. Is there a a list of somewhere of all launch options, pref. updated?
    3. I also think I remember that I somehow managed to remap the ESCAPE key to a button on my wheel, I just cannot find that setting anywhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    1. You can map a key/button to "toggle monitor" off and on. You'll find that in the "edit assignments" section

2. As far as I'm aware, I'm not sure that's a thing being used anymore?

3. I map a key to the "Pause" function which does the same thing. I cannot remember if their is an actual escape function that can be mapped. Could be wrong on that one though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll have a look there :)

4. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it black. Have same bug. In HMD look down - game's screen there (in few meters :) ). When RR starts - goto steamVR control window and click "Reset sitting position" (issue with OR CV1 & HTC Vive)

• Like Like x 1
  5. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Got it :)

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    If this is a problem on an Oculus HMD, you have to reset your seating position in Oculus Software. So it will start in front of you.
    SteamVR seems to have the problem, that you have to reset every time after restart SteamVR. I don't know why, but it affects all games, using SteamVR.
    So I'm Happy to use OpenOVR with raceroom, and not SteamVR.

7. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Seems there have been some confusion about the black screen I was asking about. I have no issue with my VR HMD, a Lenovo Explorer WMR. The black screen I initially asked about was on my main 24" screen, at which I would like to have MSI afterburner show the FPS etc so I could record and see afterwards if I get any FPS dips when I add visible cars/AI's.

However, as a followup question... MSI Afterburner is not showing on the main screen as it does with other games and I don't know why?