VR Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sergeich, Nov 4, 2019.

1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi! Using Oculus Rift CV1. When RR starts game screen situated deep down. For playing I should open SteamVR settings and pres "Reset seated position".

Ingame button to reset VR position?

Why when game start screen not in center?

2. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the same 'issue'. I have not find a solution yet. It seems a settings conflict between Oculus and Steam VR (indeed has to do with seat height).

You can map a button (keyboard or steering wheel) to center VR position in game. So no need to swap to SteamVR.

3. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Same here with my Rift S, the splash screen always appears down on the floor when I first launch the game. I've mapped a steering wheel button to recenter it but it only works after you've cleared the first splash screen which says "Press any key to continue" (or something like that).

Same actually happens in some (but not all) other VR games, but at far as I know I have my Oculus setup correctly - I redid the calibration and it made no difference.

4. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I didnt find VR reset button in Raceroom. Where is it?

5. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Settings > Control Settings > Edit Assignments: VR Reset Position

• Like Like x 1
  6. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Same here with CV1.

7. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    just go to settings upper right corner----> control settings-----> and map a key for vr reset position, like FlakNine said before. Works fine with oculus rift s. game starts in low right, but when game loads press the mapped key for reset and it will be find