Vr clarity through a windscreen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am sure that I get more clarity with my Odyssey+ In a car without a screen, such as the new FR90, when I am in a GT3 with a windscreen the race track is a little blurry or out of focus, does anyone else get this?

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Oculus here, and I can't say that I've noticed any real difference in clarity. That said, do the windscreens in R3E show dirt and reflections? (It's been so long since I drove without VR that I forget.) If so, then perhaps it's this which is causing the loss in "clarity" you're noticing?

3. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but it appears to be even when the screen is clean, possibly how the screen effect is applied, I don’t notice it in other sims.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure R3E doesn't have dynamic dirt build up or anything like that, but some sims put it on the actual windscreen texture to give the impression there's some glass there. If R3E does this, then the subtle effect may not play well with VR since it's a bit blurry to begin with. The texture may end up just adding to the blurriness instead.

I'll fire up R3E in both monitor and VR modes later to check it out.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    R3E does have glass textures complete with reflections and a bit of dirt (static dirt, not build up) so this is what you are seeing. In real life your eye would focus way past the glass so you don't see it but obviously in game it's a flat image and so is always seen.

• Like Like x 1